Yesterday at the park, one of the moms came running up to me and said, "Your son is pulling down his pants." I looked over, and sure enough, he was huddled underneath the play structure with one of his friends pulling his pants down. I booked it over there worried that he would pull down his underwear too. Apparantly the two boys were showing each other the designs on their undies.
So when we got home, Charlie and I had a talk about what's okay and not okay. I told him that his penis was a gift from Heavenly Father and that He doesn't want us to show it to other people. Charlie then said, "My penis is a gift?! I don't want that kind of gift. Can't Heavenly Father just send me a letter instead?"


7 comments:
oh.my.heck! That is so funny! Charlie is too cute and I can't wait to hear what he is up to next.
This is definitely one of those stories you will have to tell to embarrass him when he is older. I am sure however, like most men, he won't feel so "ripped-off" by his gift. hehehehe Too cute!
Jos,
Didn't you see the movie The Jerk with Steve Martin?
It's called a "special purpose". You better rewatch the movie and brush up on your private parts speech.
Btw, props to Gary for not backing down when the other kid said "Dude, I'll bet my underoos are cooler than yours."
Oh, and I love you Alice!
im with charlie. i'd like a better gift
oh, also i am not sure i would ever be cut out to be a father. i dont think i could ever tell my kid that their penis is a gift, without subsequently cracking up. i think ill just stick with the special purpose
If he were to get a letter instead of a penis, I wonder what it would say...
This is Chelsea Pickup (Cahow) btw
This is hilarious! Fun seeing you at the park today. Love the blog.
Post a Comment