Pigs get fat, but...
When I was a freshman in high school, the Millers went out of town. They gave my family a key to their house in case we wanted to use their pool while they were gone. So Kristin and I had the brilliant idea to go to the Miller's house, find their car keys, and take Tory's new 4-Runner to the beach for a joy ride. Although we were only 15, we had had PLENTY of experience with driving....the illegal driving began thanks to my older sisters who made me drive our family van (chateau de jaque) alone to Pavillions to get balloons for Megan's homecoming when I was only 14.
We had a very fun beach cruise, but started to get a little bit scared that we would get caught and drove back to the Millers'. After being there for just a few minutes, I wanted to take the 4 Runner out again. But Kristin, the wise soul that she is, shared with me this slogan: "Pigs get fat, but hogs get slaughtered." And before she even finished her sentence, we heard the garage door open as the Millers pulled in from their family vacation. So, whenever I feel a titch of greed coming on, I remember Kristin's slogan and stop while I'm ahead.

4 comments:
that is a funny story. i can't believe you drove by yourself when you are 14! yikes.
i love that you have this pearl of wisdom wrapped around an illegal activity. i always manage to keep it real, jos.
i meant...YOU always manage to keep it real.
best regards, nice info »
Post a Comment