July 09, 2006

Just some highlights

This morning Charlie and I got all ready for church, but when we pulled up, and there was nobody in the parking lot. I ran in and found out that there had been a fire and that the building was filled with smoke, so church was cancelled. So, Charlie and I went to Sara's ward and ran into Aaron Cummings. Anyone remember him from the dorms? He had a shirt with Latin written on it that said, "If you can read this, you're over educated." Lindsey could read it. I have never been prouder.
This weekend, we had a chicken pox scare. Charlie has a rash on his back and stomach, and Lisa convinced me that it was chicken pox, even though Charlie's been vaccinated. She told me that her nephews had been vaccinated, and they still got it. So I raced home panicked that I infected her kids and that I was doomed to be indoors with Charlie for the next two weeks. Well, Charlie's rash is pretty much gone, and come to find out that Lisa's never actually seen chicken pox either.
Jason sells pest control for a living. However he lives thousands of miles away, while I sit in my spider infested apartment. Last night I watched a fly get caught in a spider web in the skylight in my bathroom, and then eaten by two spiders. Charlie was in the tub, and instead of being frightened by my screams, in typical boy fashion, he wanted to watch. E os! Just in the few minutes that I've been sitting here at the computer, I've killed two spiders in my own bedroom. Gross!

4 comments:

stephanie said...

yikes! sorry about the spider situation. i hate them, too. i just killed a humongous black widow in our garage the other day. it was scary. thanks for the update. and i am glad that charlie doesn't have the chicken pox.

Lindsey from The R House said...

jos, i had spider issues myself when i was back at our own place. let me tell you what you need to do. the problem is that spiders like cool weather and when it gets hotter outside, they look for cooler places. go to target and talk to their GARDEN people. get a spray that you can put inside and outside on your window sills and around your coor jams. (be careful with the little one and the chemicals though.) then you also need to get this sand stuff that comes in what looks like a tide detergent bottle. you sprinkle the sand around the outside of your apartment by the foundation. it stays there forever and kills bugs. make sure that when you buy the chemicals, it specifically says spiders on it. they are their own special breed. it worked for me. i also vacuumed like a wild woman--around the mop boards, corners, walls, under the bed--everything. you could also let off a "bomb" in your house--but that is a lot of work and a lot of time. this worked for me. keep us updated.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. piece renault Ultram inc

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... »