This morning, Charlie was playing in my bedroom with all of the blankets and pillows he could find around the whole apartment. And I was in and out of the laundry room. (we share with the whole complex, but it's location is quite convenient...our bedroom and the laundry room share a wall.) So while I was in the laundry room, Charlie decided to close the self locking door that opens from our bedroom to the sideyard where I was doing laundry. I panicked and dropped the laundry when I heard it. Sure enough, Charlie had locked himself in and me out.
I ran around our complex in my pajamas checking the doors and windows, but everything was locked. But luckily our back door has one of those old fashioned metal doors that you can kind of poke your nose through when it's open. So I poked my face into that and started screaming for Charlie. He saw me locked outside and started thinking it was funny until I barked at him to help me unlock the door. He tried a little bit, but then had to keep taking breaks because he was "tired." After about ten minutes, he was finally able to unlock the door, and I could get back in. It was a pain in the butt, but thank goodness he was finally able to get his little fingers to work for him!
November 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
i love that he got tired and had to take some breaks. what a cute kid he is!
That is funny and scary--and it seems like when you're pregnant that adrenaline just rushes like crazy. Charlie is so adorable--what a great story!
Same thing happened with me and my mom when I was 2. she ran over to the neighbors and locked herself out. I of course was too small to help. she called the police and they couldn't get in unless they broke a window...about an hour later my brother was called out of his class in highschool and sent home to rescue us. At least charlie could find the energy!!
Post a Comment