My dirty little secret

Just stop it. You don't actually have to make the gagging sound when you look at them. Yes, they are mine. Well, were mine. Until I threw them in the trash yesterday. Justin so willingly sacrificed the $8 and purchased some new flip flops for me so that he wouldn't look at these anymore. I am grateful. I have an entire closet FULL of very cute shoes. Most of them are for church...boots, heels, wedges, flats, peep toe, closed toe, strappy, you name it. I love shoes - for church. I LOVE flip flops for everything else. Maybe my UGGS if it's raining. I don't know what it is...maybe it's the feeling of tricking your feet into thinking you're barefoot, but really not, or maybe it's the fact that I don't have to bend down to put it on, or maybe it's that they just mold so perfectly to my feet. But what I do know is that I love them, and that's okay.

4 comments:
i am a woman of your same heart. i currently have at least 50 or so pairs of "fancy shoes" but i wear the same boring old flip flops everyday... i love them, it makes life so easy. i go to get in the car and just slip them on, come home and slip them off. none of that shoelace tying business. i am always on the hunt for something else that is cute and casual for everyday wear but i can't seem to find anything.
as you both (josie and hilari) know, i also subscribe to your way of wearing shoes. but i do get some funny looks when it's 30 degrees outside and i'm sporting flops. thank goodness for toe socks!
you all have josh's same disease of "foot claustrophobia." do you take your shoes off the MINUTE you are at your destination whether is be the stadium, restaurant, house, ski slopes, etc.
Oh, that is dirty...although I do enjoy my flippies in the SUMMER (or in San Ho, the Spring and Fall as well) I do not hesitate to tuck my little toes into some cozy socks and gym shoes when it drops below 55. And let's not forget how I do enjoy patting around my house in my monkey slippers all winter long! You should try it--your toes will thank you! PS: Now I know what to get you for Christmas!
Post a Comment