February 26, 2007

Arrested Development


I'd like to make a special shout out to my dear friend, Amber (and Boyd) who recommended 'Arrested Development.' When it was on the air, I remember passing by it here and there while I was channel surfing, but never really stopping because I didn't understand it, and I thought it was a little weird. But Amber and Boyd told us to rent the dvd, which we did, and I will now praise their names forever.
After watching just the first episode, we were addicted and finished the entire first season in one night. At one point, I actually made Justin pause it because I had to catch my breath...I was laughing so hard that I thought that if I didn't get some air, I might just throw up. Honest to goodness, I think that was the hardest I've ever laughed during a TV show or movie. And at this time when Justin's stressed about the bar, and I'm stressed about having enough Tums by my bed at night, it was some much needed comic relief.

3 comments:

stephanie said...

we are SO sad at our house that it is no longer on tv. it really is the best show EVER.

Lindsey from The R House said...

amen.
josh and i even went to see the blue man group a couple weeks ago to subside our longing.

Mrs. Dub said...

that show was my reason to live. so i had miss dub to fill that void. also, my parents are known to her as gangy and pop-pop in tribute to the a.d. grandparents. my dad jokes that he wants to open his own frozen banana stand in balboa. i wish he wasn't joking.