My Quirks
My fabulous friend, Hilary, "tagged" me a couple weeks ago to write six quirky things about myself. And to be honest, for some reason, I've been having a hard time coming up with some. But here's the few that I've thought of today.
1) I like my showers so hot that it burns my skin. Really, I can't get it hot enough. I get out of the shower all red and a little bit sweaty. Maybe it's just to prepare myself for the arctic tundra that is our apartment, I don't know.
2) I call Justin "lover." Gross, I know. I don't know where it first originated, but it dates back to when we first started dating. Even when we're in an argument I'll bark, "whatever, lover!" and leave the room or something. Charlie's even started calling us lover, which could land us in prison if it continues.
3) I am OBSESSED with cereal. On average, we have eleven boxes of cereal in the cupboard at one time, and we go through three to four gallons of milk a week. If my body would allow me to, it would be the only thing I would eat. Currently, my favorite is Peanut Butter Panda Puffs from Trader Joes....mmm delicious.
4) I love girly period movies like Little Women, Pride and Predjudice (all three versions), and Emma. Just a few months ago when I was still in the super sick stage, I watched Pride and Predjudice (the one with Keira Knightley) one night, and then got up the next morning and watched it again.
5) I have a sound allergy. It all began when I was pregnant with Charlie, and it has never gone away. If I'm not watching it, I HATE to have the TV on. The background noise actually hurts my ears...especially commercials. It's like nails on a chalkboard.
6) And finally, I secretly wish that I had VERY short VERY straight hair that I could wear in a bob or something without looking like a mushroom. (I envy Briar's hair...to die for) I tried cutting all my hair off when I was in the MTC, but I just ended up looking like a lesbian. It was quite poofy and unmanageable....even my bobbie pins broke when I tried to put them in. And especially now that Charlie's security blanket is my hair, it's going to stay long for a while.
So there you have it. I now tag anyone who has read this....

5 comments:
i remember your short hair, but i don't remember you looking like a lesbian. by the way, i LOVE your hair and would trade you in a second.
Hilarious! You are so dang funny - and very insightful. Thanks for doing the whole tag bit - sorry to make you think so hard. You have such a great way with words, I am always anxious to read your posts, because I know I will be entertained. I am not sure which line was my favorite, the one about you landing in prison or looking like a Lesbian. Too Funny!
hear-hear, you've always been too hard on your hair. i liked the short locks, though i do love the luscious mane.
i'm also amazed that it took you a while to compile this list. i'm such a freak that i could easily list 50. make that 100.
which is why i won't tag myself to do it. i already reveal way too much on my blog. then again, why not?
You are one of the most beautiful people I have ever met - no joking. That's a funny thing to say, I realize that - but it's really true. The hot shower thing made me laugh and the background TV thing - me toooo!!
LC
I third the scorching hot shower--it's not hot enough unless it's just a little bit painful. I'll do my best to complete the "tag" within the next week and since your my only blogger friend, you can check back with me then;) PS: have you noted on my blog that under "friends" it's just "Josie"--tee hee!
Post a Comment