The Weekend
So over the weekend, Megan and Roger came to visit us. I do have one picture with the four of us adults, but Justin won't let me post it....But here is Charlie with his newest and only boy cousin, Grey. He's only six weeks old, but he can already hold up his head and spit up like a champ. And it was good for me to see Charlie with him because he really tried to be gentle and nice. I also noticed that he has a "take charge" attitude with the baby...he'll tell you when you're allowed to hold the baby and who gets the baby next. Apparently, he's in charge of all baby holding.
But I did take Grey the night before Megan and Roger left for the airport. It was only from midnight to seven, but I was EXHAUSTED. Grey is such a sweet baby, but that's just it...he's a baby. And he likes to get up and eat during the night which I am so not used to. Heavenly Father has this special trick he plays on me where he helps me to forget things - like how awful it is for me to be sick when I'm pregnant, and how dizzying it is to get up with a baby four or five times a night. Instead he fills my brain with cute images of snuggly, clean smelling babies and makes me want five of them. I went through six months of sleepless nights with Charlie, and yet somehow, I had forgotten it all. Amazing how that works.
So for now, I am cherishing my sleep and am scared to death about having a newborn. But then, when the baby's sleeping through the night, I'm sure I will have forgotten it all, and will start planning for my next baby.

2 comments:
isn't being an adult fun?
actually, sometimes i want to gouge my eyes out when my lil' one wakes up for the third time at night. but the second time ... i just stare at her sweet face and wonder if life could get any better.
here's to charlie and the baby!
you are a saint for taking grey for the night (really, that's amazing). it's all almost worse when you're at the end of a pregnacy--it's like staring down the barrel of a sleepless gun. you'll be great!
Post a Comment