The Candy Man
Do you like M&M's? I did. A lot. But not so much anymore. Ever hear of the saying, "moderation in all things?" That doesn't apply to this situation.
We love our Fijian/Indian upstairs neighbors that consist of a mom and a dad and two teenage daughters. When they first moved in, I went upstairs to introduce myself and said, "Hi, I'm Josie." One of the daughters just looked at me and said, "Hi, I'm Joshie!" in her giggly voice. I thought, "wow, they really don't understand english if she just is going to repeat what I say." Come to find out that her name really is Joshie and they understand english just fine.
Since that time, our families have grown really fond of each other. They love Charlie. They're always yelling from their balcony, "Charlie, come! Come, Charlie!" And he goes trotting up to their apartment. Inevitably, he comes down with a bag of M&M's or two. In the beginning, I loved eating them....and Charlie did too, but he's borderline anorexic, so his portion sizes are much smaller than the average child. Needless to say, our M&M stash was building up. I started making cookies with them and giving them to the neighbors, but I realized that after two batches, that could get really old.
So now, I just let them pile up in our cupboard and know that just like Manna, more will come tomorrow.

4 comments:
as monk says, "i LOL'ed out loud."
some of those look like big bags. they give him big bags? they must really like him.
uh josie-
you have my address!
Good luck with the anorexia - Hilarious!
Post a Comment