April 09, 2007

Easter Candy

Yesterday I imagined that I was in an amazing shoe store that only carried size 9 1/2 and everthing was free. There were peep toe heels, cute flats, and an entire floor dedicated to flip flops. There were lots of sales people there trying to give me more free shoe fabulousness. But then Justin came up behind me and said, "No, Josie. You have to wear the white nursing shoes first because they're good for your arch and then you can have only one or two pairs of the other shoes." I got really grouchy really fast and threw myself on the floor crying. My entire experience was ruined.

Sometimes I wonder if this is how kids see Easter. Yesterday, Charlie had the Easter bunny, neighbors, friends, and Sunday School teachers give him truck loads of candy. I'm sure it was his own personal heaven. So instead of trying to get him to eat his "real food" before the candy, starting at 7am yesterday, I let him go to town. There was no limit. Pixie sticks, suckers, chocolate eggs, bunny cookies, jelly beans, life savers...you name it, the kid ingested it. And for someone like him who doesn't normally eat that much, i was surprised how he could pound it like a champ. Needless to say, he woke up with a stomach ache. But that will go away and he'll get another chance to make himself sick at Halloween.

3 comments:

Lindsey from The R House said...

this post made my day! i love the metaphor!

tara said...

You are such a fun mom! I abide by the same philosophy. I'd rather get it gone and done with, and make sure I brush my child's teeth really good those few days, instead of drawing it out and having to play 'mom-the-dental-hygienist' every night for the next two months. (of course I'll continue to brush the little chitlins teeth, but won't be so meticulous!)

Holly Dart said...

I am such a fan of your blog I added a link to "This girl's life" onto my blog. I hope that's okay. IF not, feel free to leave me a scathing comment.

Do you ever tire of hearing that you look FANTASTIC as a pregnant person? you do.