April 26, 2007

Retraction



I'd like to make a retraction. Don't listen to me. I did a blog entry about how to get out of a ticket and it DID NOT work for me today (again). I have jinxed myself. That's what I get for thinking I'm so high and mighty.

Apparantly, I turned left at 4:11pm this evening in an area that had a sign posted that you can't turn left from 4-6 pm. Curses.

The cop was a jerk even before I could get a word in edgewise...asking me if I had my 'corrective lenses' in while I was driving and then acting like I was lying when I told him that I did. What's up with the badgering before I could even flutter my eyelashes? He's a weirdo and was just looking to fill his quota. Even my dashing good looks and round, girlish figure weren't enough to persuade him from writing the ticket. Blast.

I'm taking this one to the judge. When he (or she) sees that I'm pregnant and we're poor, he'll (or she'll) HAVE to tear up the ticket. It really would be morally illegal not to, right?

And while I'm making retractions, I would also like to state that my unnamed sister, Amy, (whoops) has made a statement that she indeed does not love Pottery Barn as much as she used to, but is now a fan of her local boutique, Erba. Pottery Barn has indeed lost another fine, fine, customer. She will be missed.

2 comments:

stephanie said...

that stinks, josie. what a jerk. you don't give tickets to pretty pregnant ladies.

Hilary said...

I have never even heard of not turning left from 4-6. I hope that guy can sleep tonight, giving a ticket to a pregnant lady. He should loose his badge. Good luck with the judge!