May 07, 2007

Beach Day

Since most days at the beach are foggy and in the 60's, we were so excited when we found out that it was going to be 81 and sunny today. Charlie and Kayla played for FOUR hours. I was shocked. They splashed in the water, collected rocks, looked for sand crabs, and built sand castles...all without me having to lift a finger....except for the occassional stubbed toe when a few tears needed to be dried. Here they are watching Justin surf way out in the distance
Charlie getting a surf lesson
The prego and Justin....I have a towel draped over my leg because just that one side got SO sunburned. You know it's bad if it's hurting before you even leave the beach. But at least that one side will look really sunned for when I'm in labor.

2 comments:

Lia said...

You're my blog idol--not only are you hilarious, you're efficient. We just barely got home and settled and our day at the beach with the Fish's is already documented! Bravo! (As I've mentioned before, that's what my dentist says).

Mrs. Dub said...

for some reason, i looked at that last pic and almost cried. i miss the days when josie and justin were my roommates. (and the fashion advice -- mostly from justin.)