Sneaky, Sneaky
I have sneaky friends. Last night, the seven of us went to Buca to have a "girls' night out," but after the waiter cleared our plates, they brought out two HUGE canvas bags of presents for the wee one that I am growing. I was totally surprised. Apparently, Lisa and Sara had walked in with the bags hanging on their shoulders and I didn't notice a single thing...tissue paper sticking out and everything. Here is the group before I knew that this was a baby shower....just enjoying the gnocci like everyone else.
And this is the only other picture I took last night. Lia drove all the way up from San Hoe (must say in a shouting tone) to celebrate. The table next to us was filled with a group of forty-somethings who had a little too much to drink and were hitting on Christa and Lisa. When we got up to leave, they asked us what the occassion was for, and I turned to the side and rubbed my tummy. I got a simultaneous "WHOOOOAAAAA!" from the group. If you want to know the truth, ask a kid or a drunk person, right?
I really had the best time, and loved the presents that everyone so generously gave. But really, I just loved being with my peeps...they're a group of girls that not only are totally fun, but are just plain good people that I hope I can grow up to be like. Thanks again!

4 comments:
yeah, i totally got lost on the way to this lil' surprise. i guess you were talking about that buca, and i was thinking of the other buca. anyway, i bought you like $700 of really chic boy stuff from fancy boutiques. such a shame i got lost.
Oh my gosh, you have the nicest friends! Seriously, the 40 minute drive from San Ho with no one but me and my Nano--not a sacrifice, I should be thanking YOU!
josie really. how cute is that! you really do have such great friends.
love you
I wish I was there!!!!
Post a Comment