I'm Afraid Of Mice
I just didn't realize how afraid of mice I am until last week when I opened up my silverware drawer and was unpleasantly greeted by one. My hand was just inches away from it, and he and I both sat there stunned for a second before I finally screamed, and he went running back into the drawer and then to who knows where.
So Justin got rat poison and put it in all of the drawers. And all the stuff from the drawers is on the counters and on top of the fridge. And for those of you who know me (which is like 99.9% of you) you know that I H A T E clutter. And now my kitchen is the clutter capital of my 'hood. (Well, maybe not...I have seen some pretty cluttered front porches around here which tend to gross me out, but whatever.)
Plus, I'm afraid that if I open a drawer, I might come face to face with that little barfhead again and then I'll be sent to the hospital for having a heart attack.
But Saturday night was the worst of all...I was sitting at the computer when I looked out our bedroom door and saw Justin bending down to look under the bookshelf in the hallway. And then two seconds later, I saw the mouse running in circles on the hallway carpet. I screamed, which woke up Charlie, so then the mouse ran into Charlie's room. So Justin had to carry him to me, and the two kids and I sat on my bed while I heard Justin banging around outside the door.
Well, Justin never did find that mouse, and Charlie went to bed. However, I proceeded to have an EMOTIONAL BREAKDOWN knowing that that stupid mouse and possibly some of its comrades were crusing around MY HOUSE and maybe even in MY BED!
Justin thought that it was funny that I was crying which made me cry even more. So at 11pm on Saturday, I went to Walgreen's in my pj's (and no makeup which is really scary...my family and peeps will vouch to the blonde eyelash freakiness) to buy some mouse traps. Justin set them up, and I slept soundly knowing that this FOUL mouse would be DEAD by morning.
But alas, here it is SEVERAL days later, and NO DEAD MOUSE! If we don't catch him soon, I swear someone's going to have to ship me to the looney bin! (which will most likely be Justin because I'm pretty sure that he's sick of hearing me cry about it.)
P.S. I'm having issues with spacing on my blog, so I apologize for the lack of it

6 comments:
you're not crazy. actually, you are crazy, but that's normal when mice are involved.
i had a similar experience a few years back. and my bff, hilari, called me in tears several times when her house was plagued by one.
now go kill that sucker!
my mom used to lay awake in bed until she actually heard the trap snap ...then she would cheer (literally) and wake my dad up to go clean it up.
i will be praying for you. i scream when josh walks into the room and i wasn't expecting him, when tyson starts to pee with his diaper off and when i notice a harmless moth on the bathroom wall.
hang in there.
oh Jose, I am SO sorry--let's hope that you don't have a Ralph S. Mouse experience like I did! There is truly nothing like the feel of delicate little paws and claws across your FACE in the middle of the night! Have you tried peanut butter on the traps? Maybe that's old news, but I heard they like it better than cheese...
You'll get him, there are only so many hiding spots in 900 square feet right?
We're going to my mom's this week--Happy 4th! Call ya when we get back!
when parker was a tiny baby we had a mouse come live with us as well. i found it one night as i was nursing him at abougt 2am and saw the little guy scurry across the floor to parker's room. it's an awful feeling. we too set traps anywhere and everywhere we'd seen him and or his droppings (yuck). then we finally caught him on a weekend that brian was OUT OF TOWN so i had to figure out how to dispose of it myself. not a fun experience. good luck, and hang in there.
Mice are nasty!!! David and I lived in his parents basement for a year and during that time a whole posse of mice found their way into their food storage and then into the rest of our apartment. There was a time we put five traps in our pantry and had them filled in less than 10 minutes. (It makes me shudder thinking about it).
So, I guess you can be grateful your little visitor hasn't invited his friends. I hope you catch him SOON though. One mouse is one too many.
ONE mouse? just one?
i have no sympathy for you.
Post a Comment