Yeah for Sleep!
At Dylan's one month appointment, my doctor told me that 85% of babies can sleep through the night when they hit 6 weeks or 12 pounds. He told me to take Dylan out of the co sleeper in our room and put him in the crib in Charlie's room, and he would do fine. Well, I didn't believe him because Dylan seems so small and aren't all babies supposed to wake up a bunch during the night? Charlie was waking up ALL the time until he was 6 or 7 months old.
But Mrs. Dub's blog yesterday got me thinking about the situation, and I realized that maybe Dylan can sleep through the night, but I just haven't let him.
So I set up the crib, nursed him at 10:30, and put him down. The next I heard from him was 6:30 this morning. I couldn't believe it! I do realize that I just might be jinxing it by writing about it, but I'll take my chances and knock on some wood.
As for me, I stayed up half the night worried about whether or not he was suffocating or actually crying, and I just couldn't hear him. Now I just have to teach myself to sleep through the night.

5 comments:
it is the worst when babies actually sleep well at night, but you are so worried about them that you can't enjoy it. i hate that. good luck tonight!
way to go! let's hope i can be equally courageous with the next one. (and that we both can learn to sleep when they do!)
Yay for D-Man! He is so cute and getting so big! The last time I really saw a clear shot of his face was when he was 3 days old--they grow up so fast(*sniff sniff*)!
It's true. I wake up all the time in the middle of the night because I don't hear Baby B. And everytime I check on him he is fine. Once in a while he'll wake up a bunch because he scoots his head into the corner or whatever, but he slept 11 hours the other night and I had to wake him up! He never sleeps less than 8 hours now. Starting early is the key, but I still think most of it is luck! We started at about 9 weeks.
So why didn't Luke sleep thru the night until he was 12 weeks old?! Arghhh... maybe he was just too small!
Post a Comment