August 03, 2007

Christmas in August

Yesterday, out of the blue, Charlie asked me if Santa could bring a dog to our house. What Charlie doesn't know is that Santa will never bring a dog to our house...unless he can magically train them not to eat, drink, shed, or poop.

But I went along with Charlie's excitement and told him I would call Santa and ask him. I got out my cell phone and pretended to call the North Pole and had an imaginary conversation. Charlie was jumping on the bed next to me SO excited that I was actually on the phone with his hero.

When I finally hung up the phone, I told Charlie that Santa said he would have to think about the dog some more, but that he would stop by that night to drop off some treats while he was running errands with the reindeer. Charlie was giddy.

So here he is last night. He's not sleeping on his blow up Thomas bed for any other reason other than the fact that he just wanted to. the note and treats Santa left
And here he is this morning. So far for breakfast, he's had chips and plenty of sugar. SO worth it to see how excited he was that Santa came.

11 comments:

Lia said...

You're my inspiration--what a fun Mom! Would you be my mom?

hilari said...

that is the coolest thing i have ever seen. will you be my mom? yes, that is a weird concept.

Janni said...

YOU are a FANTASTIC mommy!

stephanie said...

you really know the way to a little boy's heart!

Hilary said...

Great creativity - way to go!

BRIAR said...

you are the greatest mom on the planet!!!
uh....is that a slimjim?????????????????

Lindsey from The R House said...

you are such a fun and creative mom. how i miss you.

MaryClaire Brown said...

you are such a fun mom...i hope i can be like that for my kids now and as they get older.

Linda said...

My sister Sarah linked me to your blog because she loved the poop story!! Unbelievable!!

But I'm so glad to see you here in the blog world!! It sounds like you're having a blast being a mom--all his friends are going to be so jealous because Santa won't visit them in August!

Jaime said...

you are such a cute mommy! and a fabulous fibber!

Anonymous said...

No WAY! Santa??!!! Aren't kids such suckers??

I hear you about the doggy stuff.

LC