February 28, 2008

American Idol is a sleep sucker

I don't know how I got sucked into American Idol but I did. This is the first season that I've consistently watched, and now I'm annoyed that it's on so many times a week. Like I would have the self control to just not watch it!

Last night at 7:30, both kids were asleep and I was sitting on the bed talking to Justin. I started to feel so tired, but wouldn't let myself get ready for bed because I HAD to watch American Idol.

And if I'm going to sit in front of the TV, then I HAVE to have my bowl of FULL FAT ice cream with hot fudge on top, right?

So when I finally crawled into bed and pulled the covers up to my face, I realized that it was 10:30, and that I would be tired AGAIN the next day when the boys got up at the butt crack of dawn.

Now I'm faced with a dilema: Do I continue to watch American Idol and be fully entertained while I enjoy a delicious dessert and wake up exhausted the next morning, or do I just go to bed?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

John ad I are into Idol also and I do have to say we are enjoying this year. We like the boys best but the girl from Mesa,AZ looks a little like you but of course you are way more beautiful. I say keep going for the show and the ice cream sounds great and just take a nap the next day when the children go down. Do I sound like a 60 yr old or what...

How is Napa coming? John keeps asking.

Lori said...

josie..do you have Tivo or DVR? because that would solve all of your problems. watch it when YOU want to. Thats right..dont let these addicting show schedules rule your life anymore! By the way, is there a way to trade bodies with that Syesha chick? Anyways, I am an addict too. And I ate my Ben & jerrys while watching...its "self-care"

Fish Nat!on said...

i made the american idol mistake once. i just ended up getting pissed cuz taylor hicks won. he sucked. and the guy i really wanted to win lost before elliot somehow. (chris dohetry) now, ever time i hear chris' over produced, crap music on the radio i get pissed and ashamed that i ever supported that show. in other words, if you want to avoid eventual shame, get out now, while you still can. it's a waste of your life.

stephanie said...

totally stay up eating ice cream and watching ai. it is so worth it! go brooke! (she's from mesa and is my fav)

Chelsea said...

You just need TiVo or a DVR! DUH!!!

Ashby said...

I agree, stay up! AI is so good this year!

Heather said...

I agree with the tivo dvr statements.. It is AWESOME. you always need some you time with your bowl of ice cream.. but I'm in the same boat as you.. only we stay up til midnight every night for some stupid reason then get up and go to work and it's ridiculous because I'm so stinkin' tired all the time.. so then again.. don't listen to me. I know nothing.