February 22, 2008

Today I am feeling grateful

My life is pretty easy right now. Charlie and Dylan have been waking up at 5:45 lately, which is lame. And I have to deal with Charlie's occassional tantrums when I accidentally color outside the lines or pick out the wrong sweatshirt for preschool. But other than that, life is smooth.

I don't have headaches. I don't feel nauseous. I sleep so soundly at night.

And I think it all has to do with the fact that Justin has a good job that he likes going to. And I get to be a stay home mom and not worry about getting another job.

I can use my debit card, I can pay off credit cards, and I can pay rent on time. It feels SO good.

I think back on my life just a few months ago and wonder how the heck we made it through that. I couldn't understand why we had to go through what we did and I wondered if it was ever going to end. But we did make it through it and it did end. And I'm so much more grateful for things that I have now (like serenity) because of the crap that we endured.

Everyday, I read from this book that has inspirational thoughts. It sounds nerdy, but I love it, and it always helps me to keep things in perspective. There's a saying in it that says, "In the hour of adversity be not without hope, for crystal rain falls from black clouds."

I know that crazy times will come again, and that I'm sure I will feel overwhelmed. That's just life. But right now, I'm noticing the peace in my life and trying to enjoy the ride.

16 comments:

Flock of Lambs said...

How did you bring your chair into the middle of the park?

Lori said...

Josie- that quote gave me chills. Thanks for that post..its a reminder to appreciate the more serene times!

tara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tara said...

your family is beautiful, your hair is beautiful, and the chair in the middle of the park, how cool! Peace is such a wonderful thing. I remember feeling like that a few months after Natalie was born last year (who will be 1 tomorrow!) Everything just seemed to fit into place and I felt at peace, that is such a blessing.

Mrs. Dub said...

well said ... and let's not forget that you all look fabulous in that pic. at least you'll always have your looks, even in hard times. is that somewhere in your book?

Fish Nat!on said...

get that boy some plastic frames, and he will have all the ladies wrapped around his little preschool finger.
as far as where to find them...ebay was my best answer. try craigslist maybe. or just look at online eyeglass stores. you might have to pay a bit more, but what the hell, justin is a layer. good style always requires sacrifice. although, i am sure charlie is not too worried about. you just want to have a real hip little kid to drag around. dont blame you one bit.

Anonymous said...

Josie,
That was just beautiful and I know you are as beautiful inside as you are on the outside. John and I just loved getting to know you and your darling family.

Tell me, did Charlie ever find his glasses at Lisa's. That was so weird. We did have a great day on Jackson's blessing day and at the party. How is your moving coming and is Napa still in the picture? I know our Lisa would love to have you closer.

Keep posting such great posts...you know I read everyone.

Love you,
Sue

Alice said...

Well said, and your family is beautiful. And I second and third a few of the other comments...a chair in the park? Fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful beautiful. What's the inspiration book?

LC

Jessarella said...

Love you Jos! I'm happy for you and your cute family.

Chelsea said...

I LOVE THAT CHAIR! IT'S FABULOUS!!!!!

The Rookie said...

That any of us survive our trials is astounding to me. Keeping a positive attitude (or attempting to keep one, at the very least) is admirable. I'm glad you've gotten through that hoop! The gratitude you show inspired me to think about my many blessings. So, thanks.

Your family is beautiful. That chair is perfect. I love reading all you have to offer the blogging world.

Jaime said...

Faith got a plane ticket for May 12-19...just so you know.

MaryClaire Brown said...

first of all...i love love that picture of your family.

thanks so much for that post. i have found myself getting too frustrated with things like my kids waking up too early or not eating well or throwing tantrums over silly things.

i can definitely look back at other difficult times and be grateful for now. thanks for reminding me about that. i think that's why we're given times of trial

Heather said...

That is so awesome Jos.. thanks for reminding us all to be grateful for the things we do have. good for you.

And I LOVE that picture..

Lindsey from The R House said...

i love you!