I'm feeling grouchy
Justin and I just joined 24 Hour Fitness. Exciting, I know. I've been wanting to join a gym since high school, and now since his job is paying for it, I finally get to.
But here's the catch...the babysitting is only available during Dylan's nap times! I got all of us up fed and dressed this morning, only to walk into 24 Hour at 8:30 and have them tell me the Kids' club doesn't open for another hour. Curses.
There goes the Yoga class that I was hoping to do. I drove home SO grouchy. I was really looking forward to some ME time, and now I'm not sure when I'm going to get it.
So I put on some cartoons for Charlie, put Dylan down for a nap, and read this little thing in my book:
"There are many areas of my life that I cannot change. What I can change is my attitude. Today I can accept my life as it is. I can be grateful and happy, here and now, with what I have."
So instead of exercising today, I'm going to take a long hot shower. And enjoy every second of it. So there.

2 comments:
oh that's the worst! But look at you with your good attitude! See you at Jade's today!
Let's be honest - a long hot shower is always better than working out anyway. And have a slice of cake just to spite them! How about going at night after the kids zonk out? My thing with the gym is this - I hate to double shower. I feel too scummy to go to the gym before I shower, but then who wants to shower and do the hair twice? As young Moms, we're lucky to get one crack at the hair, let alone two! And that's just too much of my life wasted doing hair for cryin' out loud! Someone explain how this works to me...
Post a Comment