March 18, 2008

I've become a food snob

We went to an Italian restaurant in North Beach called Firenze by Night for Lia's birthday. It was delicious. It was so delicious that I couldn't stop stuffing my face. It wasn't until I was done with the bruschetta, spinach salad, and almost polishing off my vegetarian lasagna that I finally started to slow down the shoveling.

Compare that to our anniversary two months ago at Macaroni Grill when Justin and I both left feeling grossed out by the luke warm pre prepared food.

So on the way home from Firenze by Night, I decided that I don't like chain restaurants. I'm not saying that I'll never go to one again. But I am saying that when I choose the restaurant, it's not going to be a chain. Ever.

I think that officially makes me a food snob. So there.

6 comments:

BRIAR said...

Except for the Olive Garden. Because that is REAL Italian food and everyone knows that.

Hilary said...

Great picture. You and Lia both look beautiful! You should be on the bay area food show - can't seem to remember the name right now - you may have to become a wine tasting expert (don't they just spit it out anyway?)

Fish Nat!on said...

thats my place of employment your bashing. and i whole heartedly agree. it is funny, when i was in salt lake with my family on saturday, i texted three of my friends, asking them if they knew any non-chain restaurants that we could attend. i dislike chains. are they cheaper? probably. but i am all about hole in the walls with good food/restaurants that only exist in one location. i suppose i am a food snob.

i also hate it when i am apparently not inteligent enough to spell intelligent or correctly type in the random jumble of words below, in order to leave a comment...and have to do it twice cuz i screwed up

Lia said...

Here here!

Lindsey from The R House said...

how hot are you? forget about the food. it's all about the jos-ster. pure hotness in this photo.

dang justin. you are a lucky man--even at the macaroni grill.

lmhiserman said...

I'm so glad that you've come around to the dark side. Merrill will truly be proud of you. Now, we just have to get Justin to stop eating at Mekalaka or whatever that nasty restaurant he likes is. Pretty soon, you're going to have a real spices and herbs in your house and know how to use them.