I have an addiction
The first step to recovery is breaking out of denial, right? So I'm coming out of the closet. I have a sugar addiction. Its become a problem. I HAVE to have sugar or else my body will shut down.
But I don't crave it all day...just between 2-5 in the afternoon.
But during those hours, every time I walk by our cupboard, I'll grab some chocolate chips, or some oatmeal cranberry dunkers from Trader Joes (aka Crack) or whatever our neighbors upstairs have given Charlie.
But this weekend I finally figured out why I have this problem.
I don't eat a good lunch. I eat healthy breakfasts and dinners, but I don't eat a good lunch. It's my least favorite meal of the day...mostly because I really don't like sandwiches. And with Justin taking all of our leftover dinners to work, I have been resorting to pb&j's or chicken nuggets with Charlie.
Sick, I know.
So then because I didn't eat a big enough lunch, I resort to snacking on whatever will help my blood sugar the fastest - sugar. I crash sooner, but when you're an addict, you're not thinking about the future consequences. It's all about the here and now.
So here is my resolve - EAT A GOOD LUNCH that actually fills me up.
And no sugar during the day. (I can't give up my night time gluttony...yet....it's going to be like my nicotine patch.)
So now that I'm out in the open, you guys can check up on me, and if you see me eating a piece of cake in the middle of the afternoon, you can just slap it out of my hand. I give you permission.
Here's to feeling better!

5 comments:
i do eat a good lunch, yet i still need that jump start in the late afternoon. my usually comes in the form of diet dr. pepper. i can stop any time i want ... i just don't want to!
I'm so with you on that and have in fact made a similar resolve--we can be eachother's "accountability partners";)
Ya, I was gonna mention that to you, you are looking pretty fat lately. You should really consider cutting back on the sugar, good idea.
just try crack between 2-5. you will be off the shoog in no time
Okay, so - when your liver fills up with sugar your body has to stay at a certain blood sugar level to maintain it and thus = sugar cravings. It's fairly easy to get off but you have to do a liver cleansing diet for a few weeks to get all of the sugar out of your system. Then you no longer crave it or need it at all. As a matter of fact, it makes me sick now whenever I do eat it.
There's a really great reason why it's called the white devil. It's absolutely horrible for your body and organs. Check it out online or do some minimal research and you'll WANT to get off of it altogether!
LC
Post a Comment