April 09, 2008

My Little Sickie

So remember that one time when I said Dylan was feeling better? I was tricked. It only lasted for two days, and then it came right back.
So after six weeks of the same behavior and three doctors visits, Dylan is getting all kinds of tests.
These pictures are from his chest x ray this morning. The green thing on his elbow is from the second set of blood work.

He sat there screaming and there was NOTHING I could do. It was breaking my heart.

And here's Charlie trying to make Dylan laugh while the doctors looked over the x rays. (they kept Dylan strapped in the whole time.)


14 comments:

stephanie said...

those machines are so sad! i hope he gets better soon.

tara said...

I am so sorry! We had to do this with Ali when Natalie was two weeks old. Traumatic, for her and me!

Lindsey from The R House said...

JOSIE!! this is the saddest thing i have EVER seen. you are such a trooper!!!

Mrs. Dub said...

i totally got teary-eyed when i saw these pics. motherhood has made me weak.

A Thinker said...

I hope he at least got a really big ice cream cone. Poor lil' guy. What did they find? Prayers that he will recover soon. Love you guys.

MaryClaire Brown said...

that's just awful. i wanted to cry just looking at the pictures and i couldn't even hear him crying. poor little guy. keep us posted on what's going on.

Leslie said...

2 of my kids have been in that horrid thing, too. the worst part is waiting while they look at the xrays to see if your baby needs more.

sad for you. :(

Anonymous said...

I've always wondered what it would look like if a kid got sucked through those vacuum tubes at the bank drive-thru.

Now I know.

Please get better lil' Dilskers.

The Rookie said...

That is the cruelest contraption I've ever seen in my life! Willy Wonka flashbacks all over again.

Sarah Sedgwick Anderson said...

Poor little kid! That is the saddest thing I have seen all week! I love that you took a picture of it for the blog...such dedication to the blog! And what a funny and sad thing to look back on!

Lia said...

Oh my goodness! (but ditto on the dedication to the blog!) I can feel your pain--spent 4 hrs Sat night(or should I say Sunday morning...wee hours) in the ER! Call me--need to know what's going on with poor sickie!

Sarah said...

ooh that is soo sad.... and once again you make blogging history with your daring coverage

Jaime said...

So Sad!I hope everything turns out ok.

Emily said...

That is so sad!!! I hate that the doc is smiling in the pic- just something evil about it. Poor baby! And Momma!!