May 29, 2008

The Nacho Libre Circus comes to town

Justin's work sponsored the Circus, so we got VIP tickets to the event. We were excited, but when we realized there were no animals, we were a little bummed. But our sadness turned to laughter when we realized that the people putting on the circus were really just one family from Argentina. They would perform their hula hoop act, go backstage, change into sweats, and be the stage hands for their siblings or cousins during the next performance.

The best was during intermission when I went to buy nachos, and I realized that the girl serving the chips was the girl who did a pole dance with a silk piece of fabric. (she apparantly forgot that circuses were for families.) Talk about multi tasking.

Here's Charlie with his "nachos." He asked for them, and when I came back with chips, he freaked. Apparantly, he's never had nachos OR cotton candy and just assumed that the one was the other. Luckily we were able to remedy the situation. And yes, that's Justin in the middle. He got pulled up to help the clown perform a trick (who also happened to be the juggler, and the guy who fits himself into a clear box. I'm telling you, they're all multi taskers.)
Charlie was wide eyed the whole time and thought it was the coolest, and you can't beat that.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I'm laughing so hard I have tears..
at the WHOLE thing

Lindsey from The R House said...

i still remember going to the circus when i was in first grade. it was such a memorable experience i can even tell you what i was wearing and what my friend sarah was wearing.

justin fits right in ...after all, he does have a toilet in his closet. that is SERIOUS multi-tasking.

Craziest Cottrell said...

That is so funny! We went to a circus in Pacifica like that and the finale was when they were going to do something with a swing and when it broke they were just like, "Okay, thanks, see ya!"
Leslee