Women are rude
I don't know this woman, but I imagine that she looks something like the several women that I've had phone calls with the last few days. She's smiling, but looks like she's mumbling bad words through her teeth.
I've been trying to get insurance for me and the boys and were turned down because of Charlie's "eye condition." Only thing is...Charlie already has seperate vision insurance and his "condition" is fully correctable with glasses.
There is NO reason for us to be denied. So when I finally had Charlie's optometrist fax over the facts, they accepted us, but with a 40% increase. 40%! For no reason. They have no explanation. They're stupid. I think they've red flagged my chart.
Every time I called, I was greeted by a different RUDE woman who wouldn't let me finish my sentences and threw around words like, "mam" and "policy" in this midwestern harsh accent.
They make my blood boil. I lost my temper not with one, not with two, but with three women.
Okay, so maybe not ALL women are rude. Maybe just ALL women from the midwest are rude. Or maybe it's just ALL the women who work for PacifiCare. Or maybe it's just ALL the women I've talked to on the phone. Whatever it is, I'm annoyed.

12 comments:
Insurance Companies are the WORST!!!!! I have had my share of horrible experiences with them that left me first angry and then in tears in the drive thru pharmacy lane because they said I didn't "need" the medication that the doctor prescribed. So sorry! Really, I am.
xo
i cannot even go there ... because the blood pressure medication needed to cure my angst would probably not be covered.
but sufficeth to say insurance companies are all owned by one person: satan.
amen. amen. amen,
i'm sorry, jos. what a royal pain. don't you wish you had a personal assistant who could do these awful red-tape tasks for you? how soon can you teach charlie shorthand?
Look who's talkin' Valley Girl. You think you're better than the rest of us just cause you have teeth?
the above comment... brilliant! LOL.
Sorry Jos.. that sucks. 40% is reduculus (yes.. I misspelled it on purpose).
Insurance 'constomer service' reps are most often robots. it's terrible.
i'm glad that you posted this because my mother-in-law is an insurance agent, and she lives in los altos. she would love to help you. email me and i'll give you her info. maryclairebrown@gmail.com
Ok, I have to tell you this. A while ago I told Kirk (my husband) about what you used to do to your sister with the whole "good night" thing.. her saying it quietly to say it last... and then you just pushing her buttons- He seriously thought it was the funniest thing.
So NOW.. he's totally started doing it. not every night.. just sometimes, but anyway, last night, it seriously went on for like 10 minutes. and I'm not exaggerating! We are both so competitive.. and we had ourselves in stitches because it was so weird.. but we both couldn't let it go!! anyway, it was hillarious and I have you and your very funny sister to thank.
goodnight.
jos, I'm so offended. NOT all midwestern women are terrible people. I'm from the midwest and you love me! But, I will agree with the insurance workers. They are lame. Sorry, you're having such a hard time. Good luck!
Reveal yourself, "midwestern woman", because I love you.
And also- josie- it makes me happy to know that you think of me as that delia's girl.
My secret for hairy kids? Embarrassingly hairy parents. And ridiculous amounts of chocolate during pregnancy, which is the reason I actually don't look like that delia's girl.
Josie,
You need to make a retraction about the midwestern thing because you know too many of us and that we are not rude!!! I was offended and I was surprised that you compared all midwestern women after speaking to 3 women who probably were not even from the great midwest. Think about that!
Love you anyway,
Sue Temple
Relax grandpa. Otherwise we'll all be known as toothless and overly sensitive.
Post a Comment