Oh yes I did
I went camping. I haven't been since, well, I don't know when. This is the group we spent the weekend on the northern california coast with. Here are just a few highlights from the trip.



Don't be fooled by the happy face. He was not so happy just the night before.
Dylan woke up at 11:45 screaming. We couldn't get him to calm down. Plus, it was 47 degrees in our tent and he and I were both frigid. So when Justin yelled, "get him out of here!" I happily abliged. Only problem was that I had taken my contacts out and forgot my glasses, and I could only find one ugg. So I hobbled to the car blind and shoeless with a screaming baby arching in my arms.
Once I got Dylan buckled in we drove around for a little bit...but not too far, because remember, I can't see where I'm going. After a half hour, Dylan was still awake, but both of us had finally thawed and I both of us weren't looking forward to going back into that freezing tent.
If I had had two shoes, a wallet, and contacts, I would've happily gotten a room at a motel. But since I had none of those, Dylan and I pulled into a random parking lot by the beach and slept (the word is so relative) in the back of the car (with the car on blasting heat) for the next seven hours....with no blankets or pillows. Needless to say, I was so happy to see the sun finally come up in the morning.
Justin felt guilty so he had Dylan duty the next night which was only slightly better.
The nights were rough, but the days were fun enough to make up for it. Thanks Lia and Ryan for making this the best (and only) family vacation we've ever had!

5 comments:
oh how i hate camping.
you are so very, very brave. brave, i tell you!
you look hot.
Did you set your tent on fire again?
I remember a camping trip once when my kids were all very young. Andy was probably Charlies age so the rest the other three were tiny people. It was a ward campout and my good husband was in charge of the food. I spent a good deal of the time sitting in the tent crying along with my babies. It was a nightmare! It gets easier when they are older though.
remember snow camping with byu "wilderness writing"? remember that we (maybe just i) thought we (i) were maybe going to die.
this night in the car with a mad, cold baby beats out the snow cave, my friend. i'm really impressed.
i love the photo of you and charliekins with your sassy stances.
we had a similar situation...Dave took off in the car though around 4:30 am with Blake who was 1 at the time. He came back around 7:00 am to find all us awake. We had all been awake since in his frustration whe he started the car he accidently honked the horn and then in his desperation to get out of there, peeled out! Needless to say, we have a camping trailer now. 30' long. It is heavenly.
Post a Comment