October 13, 2008

Behold the crap


Garage sales are a big pain. It was surprisingly more work than I thought. I'm glad we did it though, so I know that I'm not going to do it ever again. We made a little over $100 which is great, but I'm not sure if it was worth all the effort.

But once the stuff left my garage, it never went back in. As soon as we decided to end it, I packed up everything and hauled it to the Salvation Army. It felt SO GOOD to get it out of my house!


I would, however, do the bake sale again for Charlie. He was SO excited about it. And any time that someone came to look at our stuff, he would sit up straight and push the button on the cocomotion to make sure the hot chocolate was hot.
This is the day before the garage sale...the day that I spent baking all of the stuff for Charlie to sell. Dylan and the little boy I babysit in the mornings got so bored just watching me bake that they gave up all hope of playing with me and layed on the floor.

4 comments:

A Thinker said...

Ok, one word Josie - eBay. We unload all kinds of stuff on eBay and do pretty well in terms of money. I can snoop around the house and drum up a few hundred $ worth of stuff in no time. True, it does take some time to do the listings and ship the sales, but not a whole lot really. Certainly not as much of an effort as a garage sale. And you can do a little at a time rather than a one day upheaval. The first round of stuff we sold a few years ago, we made about $1k in a month's time. Pretty good deal. Try it and see what cha think! Luv, Teenie Weenie.

Wiser Family said...

ditto on the previous comment. Josh and I unload everything on ebay and a lot of our media items on half.com. You would be surprised what kind of crap you can sell that people want to buy.

Sarah Sedgwick Anderson said...

I'll have you know that I love your postings. With so many blogs to choose from on my google reader and only time for one, you had me hooked at "behold the crap." I miss you Josie!

April Kennedy said...

yeah..i would have to agree..$100 for the pain...probably could have ALL just gone to Salvation Army! But the bake sale...so sweet...wish I could have some of that cocomotion right now!