January 20, 2009

Life is easier when Justin's home


Justin's at work a lot. And if he's not at work, he's teaching early morning seminary. And if he's not teaching seminary, he's commuting an hour each way to work. So sometimes I feel like a single mom.

The night time routine is the hardest. It usually looks something like this:

After dinner, put the boys in the tub
Clean up the house
Wash the boys
Do the dishes
Chase a naked baby who escaped the tub with a diaper
Get Charlie out of the tub
Sweep the floor of all the food that Dylan threw during dinner
Get everyone's jammies on
Read four books of Charlie's choosing and one of Dylan's
Negotiate with Charlie what "sugary thing" he can have
Pass out vitamins
Clean up whatever Dylan messed up while Charlie and I were negotiating
Brush teeth
Get in bed
Say prayers
Go to my room
Come back because Charlie's yelling for a night drink
Get the drink
Go back to my room
Justin comes home an hour and a half later

It is SO much easier when Justin's around. Usually one of us cleans the house and does the dishes while the other one takes care of the kids.

Thank goodness for the weekends.

4 comments:

Lia said...

I often seriously contemplate HOW you do it! You are incredible! Hope the beach was fun--Benson had his Little Gym "performance"...

Debbie said...

Thanks for the walk down memory lane. I SO remember those days. You'll be surprised how quickly you are looking back at it all.
You're doing a great job...enjoy.

lmhiserman said...

I can so RELATE! It really sucks. Just wait when the 3rd one comes. Yippee. Why did we want to be stay at home moms again!?! The only thing that really makes it worth it to me is to peak in on them when they're sleeping and see their angelic little faces. Yet another reason why you need to move next to me. Then we can suffer close to each other.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you called me gross. I'm hurt. I have feelings you know...