February 24, 2009

For whatever reason, I am super emotional tonight. My heart just breaks for Gwen, but mostly for Jon and Amy and what they've had to endure as parents the past few days. I can only imagine the worry, stress, and sleep deprivation. I think about them a thousand times each day.

I can't stop thinking about how I've been given so much and how quickly it can be taken away. I will be the first to admit that I take my boys for granted. There are some days where I just think I should throw my sanity out along with the garbage.

But then there are days like today where I couldn't stop staring at my boys because I realized just how much I love them. I am obsessed with them.

It's 7pm now and Charlie has been in his bed for 30 minutes, and can't sleep because he's "itchy." He's now sitting on my lap and saying, "How did I get so lucky to have a nice mom?"

I think I'm the lucky one.

4 comments:

Mrs. Dub said...

I loved this post and needed it on a sanity-taking day. Prayers are still coming Gwen's way from our house.

Lindsey from The R House said...

josie...beautiful post. i just read amy's blog for an update. i am teary-eyed and have a limp in my throat. please tell her we are thinking of her and gwen.

loves.

DyeFam said...

I miss you so much. You are such a great example to me of how a person should act and just how a person should be! We are still in Roosevelt-our house finshed in November (that has been wonderful)-it's fun being with our family-but I miss the magic of San Fran!

How is the ward? Payton still wonders about his friends in San Fran-! I would love to go to the park right now-or the pool!

Your niece is in our prayers! We need to stay in touch better!

Jamie said...

I don't even know your sister (and let's face it, I only know you from an airplane flight), but I've been praying for little Gwen, too. Just like you, I've been loving my little Bryson more today and treasuring every single moment of the day--even when he throws his macaroni all over my clean floor.