April 28, 2009

If you don't want your finger stuck...

Then don't stick it in. Charlie was playing around tonight and decided to put his finger in one of the holes of a wiffle ball. And it was stuck. Really stuck. His finger started turning blue. We tried water and scissors, and our friend Heather who was over even had the good idea to use oil. But nothing worked.

I packed the kids in the car, in their pajamas, and headed for the ER. Luckily on the way over, I saw a firetruck parked at the Mexican produce market on my street. I stopped and showed them Charlie's finger, and they cut it off with their huge scissors right there with Charlie still buckled in his carseat. I kept telling them that they saved us four hours and four hundred dollars.

I had the giggles the whole time. Even writing this, I'm laughing just thinking about how hard Charlie must have had to push his finger through the hole to get it stuck like that. Charlie kept saying, "It's not funny!" And I had to say, "I know it' not funny. I don't know why I'm laughing." But it was funny seeing him look so desperate with that bright green wiffle ball shoved on his hand.

The night turned out to be a total success when we were kneeling down to say prayers before bed and we heard Justin walk in. Always exciting when he's home before the kids go to bed.

7 comments:

Heather said...

PHEW!!!! I'm glad Charlie still has a finger!

stephanie said...

that first picture is a good one. what a night! i never would have thought to pull over and ask the firemen for help. excellent thinking!

BRIAR said...

that made me laugh out loud.

Lia said...

So funny--and you're a fun mom to have seen the humor in that;)

jocie said...

hahaha :D and that is why i want to have kids, for pure entertainment value. is that a good enough reason?

Jessarella said...

I really needed this laugh today. Thank you.

susan said...

Seriously, if I need a laugh I just go to "This Girl's Life" and find the latest Charlie story and pic. Charlie, you crack me up!
One more good thing about Mexicana, the firemen hang out there.