This is why I love Charlie
This week, Charlie has decided to be EXTRA helpful around the house. Here, he set the table for lunch all by himself complete with fork, knife and spoon. It was a well rounded nutritious meal of nachos, yogurt, and apples.
Three nights ago, after I had gotten them out of the tub I went back to doing the dishes. When I finished, I realized that Charlie had put Dylan's diaper and pajamas on...perfectly. I was shocked.
Then two nights ago, I had put the boys to bed and a few minutes later, Justin came home and the boys ran out of their rooms like caged animals. But once I put the boys to bed, I am clocked out of work and I don't clock back in until the next morning (or the occassional sick night.) So I didn't move from my spot on the bed with the book. Charlie came in with a drink of water for me. And then a few seconds later, he came in with some tortilla chips.
He said, "When I do things for you, I can't stop smiling." I asked him why and he said, "It has something to do with heaven." I just smiled at him and his response was, "It's the Holy Ghost, Mom."
I melted. That kid is in tune. For the last few months, Charlie has been CONVINCED that we are going to have a girl. When we went for our first ultrasound, they couldn't tell the gender of the baby because of the umbilical cord. I broke the news to Charlie and he said, "I know it's a girl." And I said, "Well, how do you know that?" And he said, "Because I can see better than you, Mom."
Well guess what, after my latest ultrasound this morning, Charlie was right.
IT'S A GIRL! She's perfect and healthy and the cutest little thing I have EVER seen.

10 comments:
Ooh, this was like a season finale post. It was already great and that you threw in a surprise ending. (Didn't even see it coming!)
Congrats on raising such fine boys and for the little GIRL in your future. Our little gals will be best of friends if we ever live anywhere near each other. (And by that, I mean like five states away.)
yay for adorable little boys, and YAY FOR A GIRL! i'm so excited for you. girls are so much fun in a TOTALLY different way than boys.
oh josie, what wonderful news! i am so happy for you. and that charlie, he's a gem.
Congrats on the little girl. That Charlie is too sweet. Nicely done :)
YAY! Can't WAIT to see a little Fish girl:) (Wanda?)
Yay! congratulations! Charlie...what a sweetie.
Congratulations! How exciting! Denten wants to know if she will be a Josie Jr? It was good to be able to say Hi! I can't believe how big Dylan is. They both are really cute.
2 boys and then a girl, that is so exciting! I looove the story.
aaahhh!!! jos! i was sure it was a boy (but i think everything's a boy). i have thrilled for you goosebumps right now. of course she's gorgeous, duh. and charlie is the best guy in the world. congratulations!
Hooray for a girl and hooray for Charlie! What an amazing kid. About a month before I got pregnant with Will, Henry started being concerned about his baby brother, pretend feeding him, going out to talk to him on the porch. It was a little weird. Congratulations, Josie!
Post a Comment