June 08, 2009

Bumpits

Have you heard of this? I am DYING!

I couldn't sleep one night and ended up watching lame infomercials because we don't have cable. I watched one for this little beauty called the "Bumpit." I almost wet my pants laughing. By myself.

Do you get tired of teasing and teasing to get that "hollywood glamour" look? (aka Utah valley circa 1992) Your days of teasing are over. Just bumpit!

This picture is one from the gallery on the website (www.bumpits.com). Because, you know, this is a totally desired look. Yikes!

10 comments:

stephanie said...

k, seriously, josie, that's still the style here in mesa (and i'm sure provo, too). crazy, i know!

Jade said...

I saw the same infomercial. I was dying of laughter in the middle of night while nursing Sean. I couldn't believe someone would actually buy these.

lmhiserman said...

Jos,
There is a lady in my ward that is dying to buy one of the bumpits! I think they're hysterical. Even in Napa, people wear their hair like that. What are they thinking?

BRIAR said...

Unfortunately this hairstyle is Utah Valley circa 2009 as well.

The Rookie said...

NOOOO. You beat me to this Bumpit post.

It.Is.Hideous.

Even more hideous: that I brought it up with some gals in the singles ward, thinking my tone made my thoughts on the item obvious--several said they were dying to get one! (WHA?)

Heaven help us, will Utah never let its hair just BE?

amber said...

HA! I love it. I'm sending you one to wear in the hospital bed for delivery. Because a woman should ALWAYS look her bumpitest...I mean best.

Janni said...

LOL!

Flock of Lambs said...

oh, you missed me this past Sunday, I was looking for you ... I had a NATURAL BUMPIT I COULDN"T GET RID OF!!!!! I wanted to show it off! Haa haa. Believe me, I tried everything to get rid of it before church started.

Kara said...

So swiggety sweet. I need one. If only my hair were long enough in back to stretch over the top of the bumpit, then I could enjoy feeling confident and beautiful.

Vatcher Family said...

I must admit I have the bumpits! LOL