September 06, 2009

Ward Campout

This past weekend we went to Santa Cruz for our ward campout. I have to admit, the thought of being 8 1/2 months pregnant and camping sounded awful, but it turned out to be so fun.Dylan was obsessed with the Byrd's helmet.

And this is the reason why it wasn't so miserable for me...Justin and the boys slept in the tent while I slept in this delightful bed fully cushioned with about six blankets and our down comforter. Justin kept having me try it out to make sure that I would be comfortable enough. It was one of the nicest things he's ever done for me.

That night was warm and delightful except for when I got a leg cramp and tried to get out of the car to walk around. I unlocked the door with my hand and opened the door. Apparently with our car, you have to unlock the whole car if you don't want the alarm to go off. So, with my leg spasming, and the car's alarm blaring with all the lights flashing, I rifled around looking for the keys to unlock it.

Once I was able to turn it off, I didn't want to get out of the car anymore because if you open the door to our car, all the lights turn on, and I felt like I had already woken the whole ward up. (Which I found out the next day I had. Sorry everyone!) So I just closed the door and tried to simulate walking on the ceiling of the car to make the cramp go away. If you're ever in this exact situation, just know it's less effective. I spent the next twenty minutes doing everything I could to get it to stop until it finally ended on its own.

The leg cramp was lame, but at least I didn't have a leg cramp in a freezing tent with crying Dylan. That part was left up to Justin.
And here I am at 34 weeks. 6 more to go! You'll have to excuse the nerdy socks. Since I HATE all shoes that are not flip flops (except for the three hours of heels at church), I don't own a single pair of socks. Not one. So anytime I work out or find myself having to wear shoes, I borrow Justin's socks. That's why the heel part is up around my ankle.
Even though Justin and I have both decided that we hate camping (so much work to get dirty and gross...and this is coming from the man who said that he wanted to be a park ranger) we had a great time with everyone who went. Can't wait to go again next year!

7 comments:

Catherine said...

Josie,

You are really so very funny. This is a great blog. Relief is just around the corner. Hang in there. You're a trooper.

Catherine

stephanie said...

oh you are so brave! i'm glad you had a bed. i have one question though, how does your hair look so good while camping? seriously, josie. you look good.

Lia said...

Seriously, you and waking people up at campsites--what is UP?! Just kidding--poor Dylan;)

Holly Dart said...

this is you camping? nevermind the socks, look at those shiny blond waves cascading down your back. I am in awe.

Jade said...

You can wake me up again next year when we do it again. We had a good time and glad to know you did to. Next year, Justin is doing the games.

BRIAR said...

I am laughing out loud. Holy cow that is hilarious Josie.

Laurel Eldredge said...

Sounds like fun. Wish we could have been there! We LOVE camping.