Vacation a la Jake
I had been wanting to go down south to see my family for a while, but with a new baby, it just sounded so tricky. So I called my brother (who recently moved to Huntington Beach) to tell him that I just wouldn't be able to make it. Five minutes later, I was off the phone and running around trying to get packed to leave the next morning. Jake's good like that.
We started the vacation off right with milkshakes from Ruby's on the Huntington Pier
We started the vacation off right with milkshakes from Ruby's on the Huntington Pier
Charlie LOVES sugar. Actually, that just might be an understatement. He talks about it non stop. So Uncle Jakey decided to have an "All sugar All day" day for the boys and see how much they liked it. Dylan started the day off with a bowl of brown sugar. For lunch, Jake took us to Mayer's Bakery (the bakery I grew up with) and spent $25 just on cookies and cupcakes for the boys' lunch.
Unfortunately, but not surprisingly, Dylan didn't last very long. He had the melt down of all melt downs around 2:00. I gave in and fed him real food. But Charlie held strong. At one point he was thirsty and asked for a drink of water. Jake told him 'no' and instead gave him sparkling cider.We rounded out the day with big bowls of ice cream and a lesson about diabetes.
The next day I asked Charlie how he thought the day went. He said, "It was good, but I wanted a quesadilla so bad for lunch and Uncle Jakey wouldn't let me have it." Instead, he made him eat caramel popcorn. Mean uncle.
FYI: I did not partake in the sugarfest. I have been sweet free for five and a half weeks....but who's counting.




This picture is SO my life. I'm trying to go one direction with Charlie and Dylan going in two opposite directions.





4 comments:
my heart skipped a beat at the picture of ruby's and the huntington pier. oh, i miss it!
looks like a fun trip. i'm so glad jake talked you into it. :)
Josie, you are too funny, I love it! "and we finished off the day talking about diabetes."
You have a very cool brother! I bet the boys just can't get enough of him!
beautiful pics ...and YOUR MOST HYSTERICAL POST!!!!
i love you!
Aawwww, that looks like fun! PS For reals want to schedule a shoot with your brother before Ryan leaves--end of April??? Love the pics and you're my hero for traveling all around with those kids and making it look easy;)
Post a Comment