April 13, 2010

Worth the read

Yesterday, somebody hacked into Justin's email and facebook accounts. They were pretending to be him and had this tragic story about getting mugged in the UK and needing wired money.

At first, I thought it was just a generic email this person sent out, but we quickly realized that this person was sending personalized responses to everyone that emailed back. And they were also chatting with Justin's friends on facebook. So bazaar.

So Justin's cousin Drew sent us a copy of the conversation that he had with "Justin." It's pretty funny and worth the read:

So here is a conversation on face book that i just had with the nigerian, or wherever he is from, who hacked you account. pretty funny.

Andrew

what is the urgent help needed?

5:55pmJustin

thank God you're here andrew

we're stuck in wales uk....as we speak

5:56pmAndrew

oh yeah?

5:56pmJustin

got mugged at the park of the hotel where we stayed

all cash credit card and cell phone was all stolen off

5:57pmAndrew

oh sh@#!

what can i do??

I am the very most worried about you!

Do you need my help?

5:59pmJustin

it was a brutal experience for us

we really need your help in getting back home

5:59pmAndrew

OMG I can totally imagine that such a thing would be very brutal

were you guys very scared?

6:00pmJustin

we're in pains with injuries and bruises

6:00pmAndrew

No! what sort of pains and injuries??

I have very worries for you guys!

6:01pmJustin

we need your help andrew

6:02pmAndrew

Wait, should I get the guy who got you? I have a .45

I am not even scared to seek vengence for your hurts and pains and injuries and bruises

6:02pmJustin

omg..

do you wanna help out or not?

6:02pmAndrew

Yes! I said I do!

Tell me how to help! I am so worried! an attack in the UK! I cant believe this has happened to you

6:04pmJustin

am damn serious here

6:05pmAndrew

is Charlie okay?
?

6:05pmJustin

yes

6:05pmAndrew

and dillan?

what about Timothy?! Please for the love of god, tell me timothy didn't get hurt

6:07pmJustin

dillan is in pains and timothy is fine

our return flight leaves in about some few hours from now..but we're having problem settling the hotel bills

6:07pmAndrew

Did they take Timothy's prosthetic leg??

6:08pmJustin

no

wondering if you could pls loan us some little piece of cash to get the bills sorted out and get a cab to the airport

will def refund it back as soon as we get back home

6:09pmAndrew

I guess i could give you some cash.

how much do you need?

6:10pmJustin

$1,480

6:10pmAndrew

I will only send you cash if you swear in your wrath that you will buy little Timothy a sack of corn nuts. he must be devistated

6:11pmJustin

omg...

6:11pmAndrew

SWEAR TO ME!

6:11pmJustin

we need help here andrew

i swear with my life

i will

6:11pmAndrew

how can i even know if you are speaking true?

6:12pmJustin

am damn serious here

6:12pmAndrew

how can i know that Timothy is really okay??

HOW CAN I KNOW EVEN!!

TELL ME OR YOU GET NO CASHES FROM ME FOR ANYTHING NOT EVEN TIMOTHY"S CORN NUTS!

6:14pmJustin

he is fine and doing good

6:14pmAndrew

what color is his prosthetic leg???

how can i even get the monies to you even?

6:15pmJustin

you can have the money wired to my name via western union money transfer

6:16pmAndrew

i dont even know if you are damn serious right now

6:16pmJustin

i have my passport with me to pick it up at the western union outlet

6:16pmAndrew

how damn serious are you even??

6:16pmJustin

OMG...

if am not i won't tell you to wire money to my name

you and i know that i will need a proof before i can pick it

6:17pmAndrew

well, what name should I send the monies too?

6:18pmJustin

you will need my name and location to wire to

*the

money

Here's my info below
Name...JUSTIN
Location...47 LOUNDOUN SQUARE
Cardiff, GLAMORGAN CF10 5JN
UNITED KINGDOM

got it?

6:20pmAndrew

wait, I am really close to where you are at!

Ill just bring you the monies!

I can be there in 15 minutes!!!!

6:21pmJustin

omg...

6:21pmAndrew

Does that sound great!?

6:21pmJustin

you just have to go down to a western union outlet near you and send the money

6:21pmAndrew

That way, I can make SURE timothy gets his corn nts!

No, dumbass, I am only a few blocks away!

I can just HAND you the monies!

6:22pmJustin

do you wanna help out or not

tell me let me know

6:22pmAndrew

Yes, And i also called a police officer, because I am worried about your pains and bruises. he will be coming to that address shortly

and then I will bring you the cash!

21 comments:

Vatcher Family said...

funny...scary but funny!

lmhiserman said...

did that really happen? I was laughing my head off reading it.

Katie said...

Josie... it's Katie Jackson from PV. I love reading your blog. This had me rolling! I love it!

TT said...

I second Katie. Love you cuz!

Holly Dart said...

I think it was worth it for this story.

love bug momma said...

Seriously hilarious! Nice job Drew! I love it! seriously busting up over here...

stephanie said...

oh, that just happened to my friend, too. what a pain.

but def a good read.

Heather said...

that is hillarious! i had the same thing happen to my email account a couple of years ago but didn't have quite as much fun with it.

Ashby said...

That totally made my day! So funny! Sad about Justin's account getting hacked, but his cousin is awesome!

Jessarella said...

That is hilarious!

lori said...

Those freaking idiots. You should hear Matt CHEW OUT these scammers when they call our house. But that was awesome! I likes the prosthetic leg idea. genius i tellu!

Angie said...

That was a good read....

Chelsea said...

Genius!!! Why does all the good stuff happen in your family? So, Jealous.

Debbie said...

The hacker was talking to me last night on FB pretending to be Justin with the same story! We were playing along with him too. He only wanted $950 from us though. Pretty entertaining I must say. Andy by far had more fun though. lol

Fish Nat!on said...

This may fall under the top 5 best things that ever happened to me.

Craziest Cottrell said...

That is the funniest thing I have read all week! Thanks Josie!!!

Tanya said...

That is crazy! The nerve of some people!

Lia said...

So funny! I'm so naive, I would NOT have caught onto that as fast as Justin's cousin! Timothy+prosthetic leg+corn nuts...what a genius equation.

Wiser Family said...

love it! I'm glad someone played with this guy for a bit. Josh and I couldn't stop laughing over this conversation!

Dana said...

Hi, I'm sorry..I was directed to your blog when I was reading a tutorial (onesie dress) on barefoot in the kitchen's blog...she said she made one for josie, and I thought it was going to be a picture of the dress, not that the link to your name would redirect me to your blog...anyways...just wanted you to know I wasn't blog-stalking...:)
This story is hilarious!! It really hits home for my husband and I. About two months ago the same thing happened to us...and they used the same story. I got the email (about being mugged in the UK) from my husband's account. He's in the USAF and does travel all over the world..so I almost panicked when I read it..until I remembered that he was actually in the US (at work). I tried to go into his account and resend the message telling his friends and family it was a hoax, but they had changed his password...all day my husband and I were receiving calls from the people who got the message...it was very scary!
Thank you for sharing the conversation...they are morons! I wish your cousin had actually been there to get them!! :)

Lindsey from The R House said...

HILARIOUS!!!!