February 15, 2011

Being a Mom

Some days, I feel like I have my act together. The kids are happy, the laundry's done, the house is clean, the dishes are done, I remember every appointment, Macy gets her full naps, and I still have time to read a good book.

Other days, I feel like a chicken with its head cut off wandering around in circles with kids crying at my feet while I'm picking up this, trying to remember that, and hopefully getting a shower in between it all.

Some days I feel like being a mom is easy and I can't believe I have the world's greatest job. Other days, I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing and wonder how I got signed up to do this.

Some days I feel full of energy and other days I feel like I've run a marathon when all I've done is changed dirty diapers.

I'm just glad it all balances out. And even on my craziest days, I honestly feel like there's no other place I'd rather be than right here at home.

4 comments:

Bridget said...

Amen!

mrs. timberlake said...

Josie,
This is Corbin, Briar's BFF from good ol Ricks.

I thought of you when I heard my cousin is doing a giveaway in the bay area...

http://www.matchinteriors.blogspot.com/

Emily said...

agree.

being a mom is the BEST!

Heather said...

Oh.. SO true. Although I rarely feel like I have it together.. I'm more the later example of the chicken with its head cut off. I change an average of 4-5 poopy diapers a day.. and that's just the poopy ones. I pretty much don't leave the house and if I get a shower and do the dishes I'm WAY lucky. But at the end of the day, being a mother is really amazing and I am so lucky and blessed to have my wonderful babies. They know I'm their mother and that is the best feeling in the world! There will always be dishes to do (I tell myself :)

I think You are a great mother!