I've been reading
A couple months ago, Justin and I decided to forgo the TV. We only had the basic channels, but even with just that, I realized I had an addiction. As soon as the kids would go to bed, I'd plop on the couch, and watch whatever was on. I didn't care. I'd eat my bowl of Joe's O's and zone out until I was too tired to wash my face (but I'd always brush my teeth) and climb into bed. I could actually feel myself getting dumber.
Justin totally supported me in giving it up and I have no regrets, although sometimes I still miss it. I have caught up on a few episodes of 'Parks and Rec' and 'Modern Family' on the computer, so I still get my laughs in.
But now, I have so much more time to read. Justin too. He usually cranks through a book in a day or two. I've never met anyone like him. Me, I take a while, but I soak up every word. So this is what I've been up to...
I'm also half way through this book about siblings. I've been having a problem with Charlie and Dylan being best friends and worst enemies, so this book came highly recommended. It makes so much sense. I have a lot of changes that I need to make, but I'm excited to get started.
'These is my Words' is one of my top three books of all time ever ever ever. SO GOOD! I couldn't put it down.
I HATED this book for the first 300 pages. But because I'm OCD, I had to finish, and I'm so glad I did. The only word to describe what I did when I finished the book is wept. Flat out sobbed. It's about a German family during WWII but it's written from the perspective of the Grim Reaper. So good. So so good.



5 comments:
I told you to stick with the Book Thief. I sobbed as well when I finished it.
Going to get Siblings Without Rivarly today.
these is my words is so so good. definitely one of my favorites. i'm going to add the book thief to my must read list.
p.s. i miss you.
LOVED The Book Thief!!! I'm so glad you stuck with it!
I have lots of books if you need more ;)
I think we need a book club. Those of us without TV anyway.
These is My Words is one of my favorites. I've been meaning to read Book Thief for awhile now. Are you on Goodreads? I get the best book suggestions there.
Post a Comment