Las Vegas
Every summer, the kids and I fly out to Vegas to spend a few days with my sister Megan and her family. The kids didn't join me last year because my mom's mission farewell to Tonga was over the weekend in September and I flew alone. Turns out that I got Salmonella poisoning that very same weekend and lost four pounds in two days. It's a good thing Megan has nice bathrooms.
So, since I was having withdrawls, Megan flew me out for the weekend right before Easter. I went without the kids and it was two days of bliss. It's the first time I've gone anywhere by myself for an extended period of time, and I realized just how much fun that can be! (Though not as rewarding, right? At least that's what I tell myself.)
This is my cute niece, Quinn and their dog Zeda. She and Charlie are like two peas in a pod. I adore her.
So, since I was having withdrawls, Megan flew me out for the weekend right before Easter. I went without the kids and it was two days of bliss. It's the first time I've gone anywhere by myself for an extended period of time, and I realized just how much fun that can be! (Though not as rewarding, right? At least that's what I tell myself.)
This is my cute niece, Quinn and their dog Zeda. She and Charlie are like two peas in a pod. I adore her.

My niece, Hayden. Probably the sweetest girl I know. Just happy and easy going.

McKenna, my fourteen year old niece. She is hilarious and someday will be a famous fashion designer.

Megan was busy making everyone delicious quesadillas, but can't have any herself because of food allergies. She had to make herself chicken and green beans. Looks exciting, doesn't it?

Roger is building a waterpark in Las Vegas. Can you believe they don't have one already? He was busy looking over the plans and making a bunch of changes.

Grey. The cutest boy EVER. I love him.


I was supposed to fly home Sunday night and Megan and her family were going to continue on to Arizona to spend their spring break there. She had the the great idea to have Justin drive my kids out and take my flight home so that I could spend our spring break at her house. Ingenious! And Justin went for it. I asked him at about 5pm on Sat if he'd be willing to do it, and by 6pm, he was in the car. That's just one of the reasons I love him.
Megan's family ended up staying an extra day in Vegas, so my kids were able to play with hers.
Dylan and Grey Grey got along famously. Dylan actually cried when he left saying, "I miss my Grey Grey."
Megan's family ended up staying an extra day in Vegas, so my kids were able to play with hers.
Dylan and Grey Grey got along famously. Dylan actually cried when he left saying, "I miss my Grey Grey."

The greatest toy ever...The Whirly Bird

Charlie Hayden and Quinn playing Wii.

Sunday night we spent making S'mores.


No comments:
Post a Comment