June 25, 2011

I have a baby the size of a poppy seed

Tomorrow, I'll be five weeks pregnant. That's right. Pregnant. The baby's due February 26th. I know that it's unconventional to announce something like this so early, but we do a lot of unconventional things at our house (like playing in trash incinerators).

The day Macy was born, I felt so blessed to have her here, but I knew our family wasn't complete yet. I can't even begin to describe just how excited I am to meet this new little member of our family.

So far, I feel fantastic. And I know that every pregnancy is different and that this one could be easy breezy. But in all honesty, I'm not getting my hopes up. I was hopeful I'd feel well with Macy and was sorely disappointed when I was still hanging around the toilet even while taking four Zofran a day.

And with all three previous pregnancies, the sickness has hit at the six week mark. Five weeks and six days, fine. Six weeks, so sick. Strange, right?

At the six week mark, I start to feel a little blecky with it getting more and more intense each day until at the seven week mark I officially become the queen of the latrine and throw up countless times a day.

It feels so strange writing about how differently my life can become in just a few short days. I've been a crazy OCD person cleaning and organizing my house, knowing that I won't be able to contribute much for the next few months. Justin does a great job picking up the slack, but there's only so much he can do. I'm pretty sure after a 12 hour day at work, the last thing he's going to want to do is organize the pantry or figure out which clothes the kids' have grown out of. Which is why I've been busting my buns to get it all together.

But now we're on vacation at Megan's house in Vegas and I don't get back until the day before my six week mark. Which I'm actually really relieved about. I could see myself getting over the top and possibly a little mental about cleaning and organizing, so it's a good thing I can be away from it to just enjoy my family.

And again, I know that there is the potential for me to feel great this pregnancy. But I'm also smart enough to know that if I've had hyperemesis the three previous pregnancies, my chances for getting it again are pretty high.

So, with that said, pregnancy is the worst, the absolute pits. But it is worth EVERY SECOND to get a sweet little baby at the end.

So here's to cute little babies and snuggly deliciousness!


9 comments:

Littlefoot said...

A big congrats!!! and a hug from down under... Wish I lived closer would love to meet your little clan. Love littlefoot/field aka Bek

Chelsea said...

Hooray! I'll keep my fingers crossed you make it at least to the 8 week mark (we all know its going to hit at some point). Congrats!

Debbie said...

Congrats Josie! That's exciting news. Jenny is expecting again as well and due sometime in Feb too. Amy just had her baby on Friday. You think being a mommy is great? Just wait til your a grandma it's THE BEST! :)

PinedaPlace said...

WOW EXCITING! Congrats Josie I am so happy for you guys!

Mrs. Dub said...

Hurray! I'm also feeling like there is one more out there, despite how terrible the first half of my pregnancies can be (also starting at 6 weeks ... weird). Of course, I still need to get this baby delivered before I worry about the next one.

The good news is that you really do forget. The day I feel better it's like it was bearable, despite months of moaning, "This terrible!" or "I'll never do this again!"

Here's to Zofran!

stephanie said...

oh josie, what fantastic news! i'm so happy that you're adding another of your little people to this world.

i'll be crossing my fingers that the pukes stay away for as long as possible this time.

love you!

Jade said...

We can always use another fish swimming around the ward. Congrats!

Heather said...

Congrats Congrats Congrats!!! So happy for you. You have such a good attitude about being sick! I was one of the weirdos too.. I was totally fine my first trimester and as it drew to a close I thought I was out of the woods for a smooth sailing pregnancy.. just as my 2nd trimester started I threw up... and every day thereafter for a couple months until I too welcomed the heavenly Zofran into my life. I hated being so sick and nauseated all the time. I think I only ate rice crispies my whole 2nd. But you're right so worth it!! I am excited to see another little fish in the world :)

Good luck, I hope you will not be sick :)

Mae Linda Willis Lualemaga said...

Congrats! That is great!