Vacation
My sister Megan went on a vacation with her family, and while they were gone, offered their home to us so we could have a vacation too. I invited all of my sister in laws, but Cammi, Molly, and Yvette were the ones who actually made it down. Briar ended up coming too, making it just that much more fun.
Justin reading about an FBI agent who infiltrated Hell's Angels.
I tripled the recipe when using Megan's mini donut maker. Looking at them now makes my stomach churn, but at the time, they were delightful.
Briar living la vida loca.
The kids were so happy to have Justin all to themselves.
One night I made cupcakes and Macy decided to eat the chocolate chips out of a shot glass. I lost count after five glass fulls. I didn't stop her either...hello, vacation! Needless to say, she had a rough night.
Although it doesn't look like it, Macy actually was having fun. She would walk over to the Whirly Bird and boss around anyone who was standing nearby to push her.
One of the rare moments she actually let me put a bathing suit on her.
Yvette's daughter, my niece, Carlie. She is feisty britches. We like a girl with spirit.

This picture makes me laugh. Macy discovered the permanent markers and decided paper was overrated.
Zeta the royal rat on her throne.
This is the first time my kids were interested in how a piano actually worked. And Macy still looking homeless.
Molly, Macy, Yvette, Cammi, Charlie, and Me.
My Amish kids were in heaven with having access to a computer whenever they wanted. Molly introduced Charlie to the "Jimmer Fredette Parody" on Youtube and watched it five kajillion times. Literally.

Dylan actually learned how to swim this trip. Nobody taught him...he just figured it out. Charlie did the same thing at Dylan's age. 
Charlie was so pleasant to be around. I babysat the kids one night so the sister in laws could go out. I was a little worried about Carlie not being able to calm down without Yvette, but Charlie took over, and they fell asleep together in the bed. It was so cute. 

Now that it's 54 degrees and drizzly out, we really miss our Vegas vacation. I felt so lucky to have BOTH sides of my family there. So. Much. Fun.

2 comments:
i'm so glad you had a fun trip! your sister's house seems like a little piece of heaven.
hope you are hanging in there. you sure do make cute kids.
love you!
You seriously have THE best pictures of your kids.
Post a Comment