November 23, 2011

Charlie turns 8

Luckily Charlie is one easy kid to please because when I'm pregnant, birthday party planning sounds awful. So, he was totally content with our low key, one guest birthday extraveganza


We started out the day going to Charlie's FAVORITE restaurant, Fresh Choice. I thought Charlie might actually want to go there because he liked the food, but it turns out, he just wanted the unlimited frozen yogurt.

After lunch, Macy went down for a nap while Charlie Dylan and I headed to a 'paint your own ceramics' place. Who knew that painting a piggy bank could be so exciting? Dylan whipped his out, and Charlie took his sweet time getting every line just right.

Then for the night, Jacob came over for a feast of hot dogs and french fries. Would you look at Charlie's face? I'm not kidding...he was this happy all day.



Charlie recently decided that he doesn't like cake, so we had an ice cream sundae bar complete with hot fudge, whipped cream, nerds, m&m's, and whoppers.

And Macy learned how to eat whipped cream straight from the can.

Since Jacob was the only guest, Sara went all out and bought Charlie BOTH things that he'd been eyeing at Costco...the art box and a set of Roald Dahl books. He was so excited that he started jumping around and Jacob started jumping on him. I'm pretty sure he liked the gifts.
We rounded out the evening with a movie and four bags of popcorn, and one tired, happy eight year old. Charlie, you're smart, funny, cute, an amazing helper, a great big brother, and seventy five million other fabulous things. I'm so glad I get to be your mom. Happy Birthday, Bud!

1 comment:

sara said...

if only they got along better...