Charlie
A couple of weeks ago, I had the chance to go to Costco just with Charlie. I took him around all the toy aisles to see what he was interested in and to get a feel for what he might want for his birthday coming up or Christmas. He looked at everything, but didn't stop in front of anything until we got to the last two things: art supplies and books.
He spent a few minutes telling me why he would want these markers and those crayons and why these colored pencils would be so cool.
Then we walked past the books and I could not get the kid to leave. He wanted to hold and open and flip through almost every book there. By this point, I was hungry enough that my hands were shaking, but Charlie was determined to examine every book. So I let him.
At night, when we put the kids to bed at 7:30, we leave a night light on in the boys' room so they can read. Dylan usually lasts about five minutes until he's snoring, but Charlie will go until after 10. We had to finally implement an 8:00 lights out limit because he kept waking up so tired because he couldn't put his book down the night before.
During the day, Justin and I will find him reading in the most random spots. The latest one was yesterday. While the rest of us were getting ready for church, Charlie was wrapped up in his blanket, curled up in a plastic storage container reading the third Harry Potter book.
Honestly, there are so many good books out there that I am so excited for him that he's developed a love for them already and has so many more years to explore.

No comments:
Post a Comment