Meet Jude
Jude the dude is here! Six days early and I couldn't be happier about it.

So after I was admitted, they put me on Pitocin. And since I normally like to labor at home until the last possible second, I was miserable being stuck in bed trying not to move so the nurses wouldn't have to come in and move my belly monitors again.
Justin was able to sleep a little through the night, but I was so anxious that I couldn't. I didn't have the pain of labor to keep my mind off of all of the what ifs. I was nauseous and antsy and even had to take Tums during the night.
At first, the contractions were totally bearable, but eventually they got to a point where I couldn't take much more and asked for my epidural. Turns out, I have a touch of scoliosis, so the anaesthesiologist was having a hard time getting the needle in the right spot. I was sitting on the bed hunched over a pillow with the nurse holding onto my shoulders to keep me down. Each contraction I had, the doctor had to stop and wait until I was done. I can't remember that much pain. I was afraid to look at Justin because I thought I'd cry if I did.
The epidural finally kicked in, and everything went so quickly after that. I was on the phone with my dad letting him know what was happening when a nurse walked in. I told her that I was still having some pain in my right side. She said she would check me, so I got off the phone with my dad. As soon as she checked, she noticed that the baby's head was already on his way out. About ten pushes later, Jude made his grand entrance.
The delivery was especially great because we had the same nurse and midwife that we had when we delivered Macy. The midwife really took her time with guiding me through pushes and with all of the post labor stuff.
After all of my deliveries, it's a tradition for me to throw up. I guess it's my body's way of having its last hurrah. This time was no different. Except that after I threw up, I still didn't feel better. I was shaking like crazy, and holding onto the vomit bag like it was dear life itself. Finally one of the nurses thought to check me and it turns out I was hemorrhaging and my blood pressure was really low. They gave me a shot in the thigh, and some meds up my rear, and an hour later, I was feeling tons better.
And I can't believe that Jude is finally here. He is perfect. So perfect. He's so cute and little and smells so delicious. I wish I could market that newborn baby smell.
I couldn't be happier about how excited Charlie, Dylan, and Macy are for him to be home. They can't wait until it's their turn to hold him. As Charlie was going to school this morning, he said, "I can't wait to come home and see Jude." Macy likes to adjust his blankets and Dylan would hold him all day if he could.
I can't speak for Justin, but our family finally feels complete to me. As we were sitting down to our celebratory pizza dinner last night, I looked around the table and felt like this is it. We're good.
Mostly, I just feel overwhelming gratitude that my sweet baby is finally here. With each new baby, I'm always surprised that my love capability grows that much more. I am obsessed with his sweet little perfection and can't thank my Heavenly Father enough for giving me such an amazing gift.
Glad you're here, Jude!


13 comments:
On the way home from Muir Woods Charlie told us you were naming the baby Jude. We asked if it was after the Beatles' song and he had no idea what we were talking about. So if he hasn't heard the song by the next time we see him, Reggie and I will sing it for him! Congratulations!
he's completely perfect. oh josie, you made it! so glad all is well.
Hurray! I just sent an email inquiring about your womb status, but I guess I got my answer!
Jude is so precious, and I adore his name. The perfect companion to his siblings.
Way to go! Childbirth is no picnic.
Jos, He's so adorable. You're amazing. Such a good mama. He's one lucky little boy.
Congratulations...he is so cute and I can't wait to hold him.
Congrats Jos! He's gorgeous. I'm so sad I didn't get to come down and hold him in the hospital. Darn husband!! I want to come and hold that baby so bad, I can't stand it. You're right, there is nothing better than that new baby smell.
Love you!
Lisa
AHHH!! congratulations!!! i'm so excited for you to finally have him, and not be barfing anymore! hurrah hurrah! i can't wait to see the little man! i'm sure you have way too many visitors but zak and i love babies so whenever you're free we'd love to come over. =)
p.s. why does your hair look ridiculously done in the hospital?? i looked like i was on my death bed and here you are, rocking the waves. i love it. =)
HE IS PERFECT! And you, as always, look like a super model.
I MISS YOU!
Josie; A perfect ending to a tough 9 months! You made it. He is darling, his mother beautiful, his father handsome and a bunch of happy, healthy sibs. You do look complete and his feet look like 13's to me..
tonga is much too far for a time like this; however, SEE YOU SOON
luv u
what a beautiful boy! Jude is one of my favorite names, I'm so glad somebody so precious will walk around with it. :) congratulations!
congratulations! I'm so happy for you and glad that you and Jude had a safe delivery! What a cute name! I can't wait to meet him!
Congrats! You are right about that sweet baby smell. I do miss the newborn phase!
So cute Josie! Your birth story sounds so much like mine (Luke was born a little over 4 weeks ago). I didn't throw up though :) Your family is so beautiful!!! Hugs. Tanya
Post a Comment