January 08, 2007

Look at me, I'm amazing



For the past few months, I've barely been able to put a TV dinner in the microwave, let alone make dinner for my family. Maybe we'll have spaghetti or something easy, but that's about the extent. Come to think of it, I'm not sure what we do...just scavange around and take any and all dinner invites we can get. And this aversion to dinner making has become even worse over the past few days since I've been vomiting up my anti-vomitory medication, making the rest of my day just that much more difficult.

So, last night when Justin told me that it was the BIG football game today (I'm sure no one in my family has any idea...actually, I'm positive) he mentioned that it might be nice to have some football game snacks like hot wings or lil' smokies. (you know, the standards for mormon wedding receptions.) Just him mentioning those words last night made me gag and I told him he could just quit dreaming and forget about it.

But today I was feeling extra nice, and actually made a trip to the grocery store. I actually baked a homemade spinach dip AND put it in a bread bowl, cut up celery, made a fruit dip, and even had delicious Hebrew National hotdogs. I don't mean to toot my horn (yes, I do) but I think I went WAY above and beyond my wifely duties. Three cheers for me.

4 comments:

Mrs. Dub said...

three cheers for you! now go and delete this post before mr. dub can see it. all he got was some pizza. (ordered out, of course.) and i'm not even nauseous.

Leslie said...

wow, what a wife you are, josie!
now all you need is a wife of your own, and you'll be set!

Jason said...

My favorite part is that Justin is so glued to the TV that he can't even look at you for the picture, although he did manage to crack a smile. And for your information, I watched the entire first half of the game until mono kicked in and I fell asleep.

BRIAR said...

what game?
(impressed with the spread, jos.)