Thumb and Hairs
![]()
From the time Charlie was a little baby, he has LOVED "hairs." Ususally it's just my hair that he rubs across his face while he sucks his thumb. But ocassionally, he spots someone with nice 'hairs' and he likes to sneak a hit with a quick feel and suck of his thumb.
The dentist told me that Charlie needs to stop sucking his thumb by the time he's three or his teeth will be jacked. But I'm taking my chances. I encourage it. Nothing stops a tantrum dead in its tracks like thumb and hairs. Maybe he'll grow to be a hairdresser, I don't know. But for now, I'm just glad it keeps him happy.

3 comments:
that is cute. and that's what braces are for when he is older. so i say let him suck. josie, why are you so gorgeous?
jos, you look beautiful!!! what a hot mom.
I sucked until I was at least 7 (there are pictures to prove it). So when Emily (my oldest) sucked her thumb, I too didn't mind it. She stopped before kindergarten when I told her she would have to have braces if she sucked her thumb for much longer. Call me when you get to that point and I can walk you through it.
My new baby sucks her hands. She'll for sure be a thumb sucker.
I love the HAIRS.
LC
Post a Comment