March 21, 2007

Carmel

Since Lisa's husband is accepting a new position as Director of Golf at a new club in Napa, she realized his days off would quickly be coming to an end and that she needed to take advantage of the fact that he could still be available to watch the kids. So, with short notice, he was able to get us a condo in Carmel where Lisa, Christa, and I were able to go with no kids, and nothing to do except whatever we wanted. I didn't bring a cell phone or a watch and spent my second day sleeping in until 9:30 am. We went into unkidfriendly stores filled with glass and other breakables, went to see 'Music and Lyrics' and ate delicious food. Here we are at the Chart House in Monterey.

Here we are in front of the condo.
I'd like to thank all the little people who helped me to have this weekend. My sweet, sweet husband who stayed home and dedicated his time and efforts to watching our child. Merrill, for having great connections. Christa, for making herself available, and for being filled with entertaining stories and for being so easy going. And last, but certainly not least, I'd like to thank Lisa for needing a weekend getaway, being spontaneous, fun, and best of all, a fabulous friend.

8 comments:

mr. underhill said...

Wow, jealousy doesn't come close to describing how I feel...about you having a friend that is a golf pro. Oh yeah, and I guess Carmel is pretty cool too.

Mrs. Dub said...

it was so inspiring that my husband commented. need i say more?

Lia said...

Good for you...and Lisa...and Christa! "You're the meaning in my life, you're the inspiraaaaaation..." (unkown artist, Theme song from Karate Kid 2, circa 1989). Soooo, is Justin planning his surf trip to Indo yet? Getaways, amongst other things, always seem to be Tit-For-Tat in our house!

BRIAR said...

JOSIE!
Jealous!!
And. . .you DON"T hate me. You just didn't have your phone. . .
ok good.

Hilary said...

So dang fun! I bet you had a blast. What wonderful company. Tell The Hisermnan's congratulations, will they still stay in San Fran? You all look beautiful.

Hilary said...

I do know how to spell Hiserman.

Veeda said...

oh my gosh Josie, you look so great! (I found you after Laura found me)

I lived in the Bay Area for a bit and I love Carmel. Bahama Billy's is my favorite restaurant there.

Lindsey from The R House said...

do your friends know how lucky they are to have you so blasted close? i am jealous of them!