March 02, 2007


It's done, over, finished, completed, whatever. Yes folks, Justin successfully completed the California Bar exam yesterday. What a crazy week! He had such a good attitude the whole time and stayed optimistic and nice even though the pressure I'm sure was unbelievable.
I, however, feel like I need a massage. I drove to the Cow Palace (the convention center where he took the bar) 12 times in three days, kept the house spotless, and had tasty dinners ready when he got home. Charlie was sick with the croup and then a cold, so I got up with him several times during the nights so that Justin could sleep. Justin has been so good about acknowledging what a joint effort all of this was...granted, I don't know one thing about what he was tested on, but when he passes, I think we'll both feel like we both passed it.
Justin has been amazing, and I couldn't feel more proud of him. Way to go, round eye!

3 comments:

Lindsey from The R House said...

yes ...way to go james van der beek. we are keeping our fingers crossed for you. my parents say that the only thing worse than taking the bar is waiting for the results. we are here for you! (well, actually ...we are over here for you. but, if mr. r gets his dream job with LDSFS then we could be there for you. get it?)

Lia said...

YAY! What a good wife you are--call you soon!

stephanie said...

what a relief that must be! i'll be crossing my fingers for him!

by the way, how far along are you? do you know what you will be naming baby #2?