Perks of Pregnancy
Before I was pregnant, after dinner, I would NEED to have just a handful of chocolate chips, and then I would be perfectly satisfied. Then I got pregnant and sick, and the thought of just about anything grossed me out....even chocolate (shockingly enough.)
But since I've been feeling better, the craving for chocolate has come back in FULL FORCE. I no longer need just a small handful after dinner, but LARGE handfuls after lunch and dinner and snacks. They are delicious....especially the semi sweet ones from Trader Joe's. Delightful!
So, until the baby comes, I'm just going to enjoy my guilt-free chocolate chip indulgence (along with the dark chocolate covered caramels from Trader Joe's that Justin got me for Mother's Day.)
Here's to the Perks of Pregnancy!


4 comments:
Yes Josie we must give in to this. I myself have been known to make chocolate chip cookies on several occasions, totally guilt free. Like tonight for instance.
I don't think you ever need to feel guilty for eating chocolate. I am the same way - a meal is not complete without chocolate. I even have Halle trained - she often goes to cupboard and holds out her hand for some giant sized milk chocolate Guittard chips. I read somewhere that the more chocolate you eat when you are pregnant makes for a happier baby. I think I will put that quote in vinyl letters in my kitchen.
it is totally a fact (that i heard somewhere on the tv a little while back) that eating a little bit of dark chocolate (like chocolate chips) after a meal will help you feel more satisfied, snack less, and therefore maintain a healthier weight. so eat the chocolate. even if you aren't pregnant! (and hopefully you will not be pregnant for much longer.)
I started laughing the minute I saw the chocolate chips and just happened to KNOW what the post was going to be about.
Welcome to chocaholics! I even have the big booty to prove it. There is a physical NEED for me to have chocolate on a regular basis. It's worse at times but always there. When I was pregnant it was completely out of control.
I don't just limit myself to chocolate chips (why would you do that???)
LC
P.S. good luck losing all of the chocolate weight after you have the baby.
Post a Comment