WARNING...Could Scare Small Children!
Last time....in our cabin in the woods
This time....in our apartment in the 'hood.
So I went to the doctor yesterday, and she DOES NOT want to induce me like we had talked about doing last week. I came home and cried. I told her that if I went over my due date that I would unzip my skin and run the other way screaming. She just smiled and thought I was joking.
This time....in our apartment in the 'hood.
So I went to the doctor yesterday, and she DOES NOT want to induce me like we had talked about doing last week. I came home and cried. I told her that if I went over my due date that I would unzip my skin and run the other way screaming. She just smiled and thought I was joking. But I really meant it.
I am a planner. I like to have everything organized and figured out before they happen. Justin teases me that I would probably mapquest my way to the grocery store, and he's not that far from the truth. So when my doctor told me that I wasn't going to have an induction date, I freaked because I want to plan. I want to plan plane tickets for those who want to come visit us when the baby's born, and I want to plan plane tickets to Utah for my dad's birthday on June 16th. I want to plan where we're going to dinner and what time when we find out Justin passes the bar next Friday. I want it all planned and figured out before the baby comes.
But alas, my life has different plans for me. And after a few really hearty tears yesterday, I realized that this baby will come whenever he feels like it (to be said with a 'Napoleonesque' tone), and I'm okay with that.

6 comments:
Did you show her the pictures? Because you could warn her that a smiley face is coming to your next appointment if she doesn't induce you.
Also, the template looks fab! You beat me to the fixin' smarty pants!
And finally, I vote for steak when Justin passes the bar.
ok, you're totally smaller this time around. sorry about no induction. it is hard to not have a plan for those sorts of things.
and justin is SO going to pass the bar. like, duh.
Remember that one time...I am so glad I am not pregnant anymore because that picture looks painful to me for some reason! Love your butt... and your happy belly!
I didn't know the smiley face picture was of YOU...I thought you got it off the internet! Just fantastic.
Sorry about no induction. Did you try coming up with an elaborate lie to convince them it is necessary...maybe travel arrangements for an upcoming funeral? In my case (I am getting induced this Friday) I told them I have to be induced because we have airline tickets 2 weeks later. Otherwise they would have said NO.
oh jos! i'm so sorry--that is really frustrating (and i can't stand doctors with no or weird senses of humor). with boyd's little brother (#7), boyd's mom wanted him out... so she took a nap in a freshly painted bedroom. i'm definitely NOT endorsing that (i smell law suit from your mr. smarty pants attorney husband)... alls i'm saying is that we have other options here :)
Why are doctors so mean like that?! Mine did the same thing to me and I wanted to pummel him!
Post a Comment