The Week in Pictures
Here's Charlie's preschool class. It's small, I know. Remember when you were in high school and you got to take ceramics or creative cooking? Well, the local high school here offers childhood development classes....and they actually have a preschool. I think it is FABULOUS. The best is when we're actually walking to his class in the morning. Teenage boys wearing baggy pants, earings, and puffy jackets (guys that would scare me in a dark alley) come up to Charlie, "Hey Charlie. What's up, my man?" And then Charlie gives them five.
Charlie was having a hard time one day, so I stayed for a few minutes until he calmed down. I got to see what they teach them. One of the gangster looking teenage guys gets up, "k ya'll. we're going to learn the abc's!" and then preceeds to teach them the abc's while rapping. I thought it was so funny, and Charlie thought it was the coolest.
Here's Charlie at the primary talent show. He had to skateboard.
When he had a wipe out, he just froze there like this until I helped him up. But then when he realized that everyone was cheering for him, he was ready for one more ride.
And here's Charlie and Kayla in the creek during Kayla's bday party.
Did you notice that there aren't any pictures of me? I look HUGE in all of them, and don't feel ready to share that on the world wide web anymore. I actually feel smaller than I look in the pictures. Hmmm. But at the same time, it is the BEST thing I've ever done. There are few things better than kissing Charlie after he's asleep, or listening to him talk about his dreams, or snuggling with him after his nap, or watching him play baseball, or hearing him sing "Mother I Love You" during church, or watching him ride his big wheel on the high school campus with pride, or listening to him spell his own name. They're such little things, but they mean the world to me. I'm so glad that I became a mom.

6 comments:
My baby is 11 weeks old now, and I remember that feeling... you see pictures of yourself and you think "gee... I look like a HOUSE!" But you don't feel that big... yeah, I remember! We have those preschool programs here too... they are great! If we lived down 'on the island' where my hubbie is doing his residency, Hannah would be the minority too! I love it.
Josie you are the best Mom, I love to hear you talk about it. Darling pictures. Charlie looks so handsome in his preschool class shot. I hope you have had a great day!
That preschool photo belongs on one of those over-priced vintage photograph style greeting cards that are always "blank inside". PS: Tell Charlie Kayla think he rips it up on a skate;)
what a great deal for preschool! can i just tell you that when my two big boys held hands today, walking up to the stand to sing "mommy i love you" - my heart just melted too. slade was a little nervous and blue was the brave big brother that got to help him out. this mothering thing is the great adventure of my life. by the way, charlie skateboarding is awsome.
i love that after he wiped out he just layed there til you came and picked him up. he is so handsome! i can't wait to see number 2.
i totally teared up at the wipe out one. what a sweetie to know that mom would come to the rescue. you are a living hallmark mother's day card.
when does dylan arrive?????? enough already! :)
Post a Comment