Vacation
Last week, Justin went on a week long motorcycle trip with his dad, brother, uncle cousin, and some other men that they met up with. They went from Salt Lake to Yellowstone and back in 5 days.
I was glad that Justin could go, but thought that there was no way that I was going to let him have a vacation, and not get one of my own. So I packed up the two kids, dropped Justin off at the airport, and kept driving the eleven more hours to Megan's house in Vegas.
And since Justin took the camera with him, I have no pictures of my trip. But I thought I'd show you some pictures of his.
Justin and his brother, Janson
The whole group together. Do you see a man holding up a picture? The picture is of a man who was supposed to be joining the group, but crashed his motorcycle and DIED on his way to meet up with everyone.
The motorcycles of just the guys in Justin's group
Justin's cousin, Andy, pretend posing to get a picture of this guy in the back. There are so many things wrong with this picture that I don't even know where to begin, so I'll let you just bask in its glory.
As for me, I had a great vacation. The drive over was SO lame, though...Charlie broke the DVD player, so I told him he just had to look out the window and entertain himself. He became like the singing bush in 3 Amigos and wouldn't belting primary songs. At one point, I had pulled over because I thought I had missed my next freeway, so was on the phone with my dad trying to figure out where the heck I was. At the same time, I was sitting in the back seat nursing the baby and Charlie was climbing all over the seats. Just then, a cop pulled over to ask if we were alright, and Charlie yelled, "Do you know how to get to Auntie Meegie's house?" I assured him that we were fine, and he drove away. As soon as I finished talking to my dad, nursing Dylan, and put Charlie back in his carseat, I realized that the back doors had the child lock on, and the only way to get back to the front seat was to climb over it. Dylan's carseat was pushed up against Charlie's, so I couldn't just squeeze through the middle. I had to climb OVER the headrest, and with my freshly widened butt, it was a miracle I made it....but I did.
So, after all the potty stops, itchy back stops, nursing stops, and dinner stop, we finally made it. It was so worth it, too. Charlie spent the week swimming and playing with Quinn, and I spent the week enjoying the sun and hanging out with Megan. It was a perfect combination.
Justin had a layover in Las Vegas from his flight from Salt Lake to SF, so I made him miss his connecting flight so he could drive home with us. MUCH better.
For all the crazy commuting, it was a very fun week, and would do it again in a heartbeat.

7 comments:
Oh my hilarious--can't stop laughing...seriously...can't...stop. You know what else I can't do? Can't wait to show Ryan! PS: Justin's cousin, Andy--uncanny resemblance to Ryan's friend Kevin!
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=4029915
check him out.
i can't believe you drove 11 hours by yourself with a new baby. wow. i am glad it was worth it!
Crazy road trip! Glad you are all safe and no one crashed their motorcycle! Next time just take the airplane!
I can't believe how brave you are to do that road trip. When Jake is gone I like to spend money and it takes away that lonely feeling. He went rafting this weekend and I went to Banana. By the way there are some great dresses with sleeves right now.
And the Nordstrom Anniversary starts this Friday.
And the BCBG store has stuff 50-75% off (bummed that I didn't find anything that I NEEDED)
And I hear Old Navy has stuff for 97 cents (could be over with)
What a woman! I can't even imagine driving that far by myself and with two kiddos - not to mention one that is nursing. I am absolutely amazed at you! Glad Justin got to come to our neck of the woods. I hope he enjoyed Yellowstone. That is part of our stomping grounds.
You are a brave BRAVE woman to make a roadtrip like that with a newborn! I tried driving three hours to Phoenix a few months ago and that was all I could handle!
And as for the "pretend posing" picture, all I can say is priceless!
Okay... that was funny. Sad about their friend, though. I thought of you as I rode the cable cars through SF with my sister... straight from the Airport!
Post a Comment